S6 edge Plus slowing down?

AandriodYo

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I brought my phone from Best buy, with the carrier of AT&T I was very happy with it. It was extremely increasingly fast. But at the second day it was a little bit of delay, It was slowing down, Laggy scrolling, So I watch some videos to make it go faster. In a video it showed that removing caches and downloading the vitamin samsung mobile app (Suppose to clean up the RAM) I did it but noting improved, So I need to make it go like it supposed to be. Switch from a iphone. Trying out a andriod for the first time. Also I'm new here. Thanks and please give me tips to make it faster like it suppose to be.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Don't bother with "RAM cleaners." The way they work is contrary to how the Android system wants to work, so any benefit you see is very brief, and overall it may actually be counterproductive.

Do you typically power the phone down when you're not using it? If so, then don't do that--just put the screen to sleep. I seem to recall seeing some posts about how the phone seems to be laggier after a cold boot--perhaps because it has to rebuild a lot cached data.

You can also boot into Safe Mode to see if the issue is due to a 3rd party app that you installed: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21007

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
[edited out response to a deleted post]

I would need to know more about how this person uses their phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

AandriodYo

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks! I'll won't bother to do the "RAM cleaning" again. I don't turn off the phone when I'm not using it. I only turn it off when it's charging. I heard that it could be bad might damage the battery etc. If turning off the phone to charge it I'll just stop then. I'll also give you a update how's my phone doing Thanks!

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I'll won't bother to do the "RAM cleaning" again. I don't turn off the phone when I'm not using it. I only turn it off when it's charging. I heard that it could be bad might damage the battery etc. If turning off the phone to charge it I'll just stop then. I'll also give you a update how's my phone doing Thanks!

Yeah I wouldn't cut it off to charge. I have an s6 which is supposedly way buggier than the note 5/ s6 edge plus and I only have to restart it every 2-3 weeks or so maybe even longer. I don't even really keep up with it anymore it's so insignificant to me. That's about how my old iphone 5s was too. Every few weeks they both need a reboot cause animations and things will slow down but after that reboot they will be fine. Constant rebooting is detrimental to performance though you may just have to find your happy medium of how often you need to reboot.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I wouldn't cut it off to charge. I have an s6 which is supposedly way buggier than the note 5/ s6 edge plus and I only have to restart it every 2-3 weeks or so maybe even longer. I don't even really keep up with it anymore it's so insignificant to me. That's about how my old iphone 5s was too. Every few weeks they both need a reboot cause animations and things will slow down but after that reboot they will be fine. Constant rebooting is detrimental to performance though you may just have to find your happy medium of how often you need to reboot.

Completely agree. I've had my S6 Edge+ for several weeks now and have not turned it off yet. Performance has not degraded at all.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Cleaned the thread. There was a post that was likely just a member trying to pad his post count, but was somewhat inflammatory.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing is, I've been chasing that smoothness of the iPhone for almost 2 years now. (The iPhone's hotspot doesn't work properly for me, so i can't have an iPhone. I've had 3 of them and loved the,, but the hotspot is always an issue and it's my only Internet at home.)

You can check my siggy for all my phones, but basically the S6 Edge + is the only Android phone I've found on Verizon that doesn't lag. I have to say, if yours is lagging, you either need to FDR it. If that doesn't work, I take it back for another one, IMO. This is coming from someone who knows how smooth an iPhone is.

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Funny thing is, I've been chasing that smoothness of the iPhone for almost 2 years now. (The iPhone's hotspot doesn't work properly for me, so i can't have an iPhone. I've had 3 of them and loved the,, but the hotspot is always an issue and it's my only Internet at home.)

You can check my siggy for all my phones, but basically the S6 Edge + is the only Android phone I've found on Verizon that doesn't lag. I have to say, if yours is lagging, you either need to FDR it. If that doesn't work, I take it back for another one, IMO. This is coming from someone who knows how smooth an iPhone is.
I think I phones are smooth on the ios version that they are released with. My iPhone 5s was ruined on ios 8 and had tons of overheating after several fdr it still didn't seem to help. In a way I think apple programs some performance differences as the iPhone get older to make people want the new ones. While I dint blame them for that, at the same time I don't want to have to buy a new phone a year. My s6 can be as smooth as my iPhones in the past, but it does slow down at times. Just the nature of the beast in Android I think. Overall android gives me the customization I want and better choices of different phones with near apple stability and better battery life than my wife's iphone 6

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I think I phones are smooth on the ios version that they are released with. My iPhone 5s was ruined on ios 8 and had tons of overheating after several fdr it still didn't seem to help. In a way I think apple programs some performance differences as the iPhone get older to make people want the new ones. While I dint blame them for that, at the same time I don't want to have to buy a new phone a year. My s6 can be as smooth as my iPhones in the past, but it does slow down at times. Just the nature of the beast in Android I think. Overall android gives me the customization I want and better choices of different phones with near apple stability and better battery life than my wife's iphone 6

I've heard that from other iPhone users. I was never there when the new update came out with iPhones, but I have updated my iPad several generations now without any issues.

AandriodYo

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
During 8 hours or less it's doing good but having some Laggy issues please give me tips and information to make the performance like it suppose to be

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
During 8 hours or less it's doing good but having some Laggy issues please give me tips and information to make the performance like it suppose to be

Don't know if it is the same for the note/6e+ but on my s6 you can tap on the build number several times and it will open up the developer options change all of the times down to 0.5 seconds and it made it seem much smoother. With the clearing of the cache and restarting so much it may take the phone a few days to really settle down but that may help you until it does

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Can you be a little more specific into what's lagging, that can be helpful to help figure out your problem

AandriodYo

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Update: it works like I wanted! Thanks! But I have another problem.. when I was about to take a selfie with my friends. The front camera seems to "lag" like it isn't smooth and fluid. When I switched to wide selfie mode. It was very fluid and very smooth. I'll be pleased if you know how to fix this :^)

Last edited:

AandriodYo

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I never fully shutdown the phone off last night and came back it was like the speed of s shooting star. Also what tpence said was very helpful