Hugely disappointed in the galaxy s6 edge plus!! Suggestions?

astros148

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Hugely disappointed, I have been a long note user and had the galaxy edge and switched over to the galaxy edge plus and its a huge let down!

-First of all i loved the call feature in the galaxy edge when someone called it would show on the edge screen. This was awesome when you were browsing the internet or whatever and someone called you could continue doing what you were doing and the call would just show up on the side.
-You could have more then 5 apps on the old edge screen plus it was MUCH easier to access and you could swipe anywhere on the edge screen. The new screen you only have a section you can swipe? wtF?
-In camera mode the controls would be on the edge screen , now its just on the screen? Seriously?

There were way more themes and screens on the old edge screen, this is SUCH A HUGE disappointment, how the heck is any of this a upgrade? I wish i could get the old edge screen functions on the phone. This really sucks because the old edge was just lagging too much and giving me problems with the touch screen. I have no idea if I should switch this to the note 5 and just say eff it to the edge screen or just keep it and see if i get use to of it.

SOOO disappointed, and im a huge diehard samsung fan. they took a huge downgrade with the edge screen. What is the edge screen even functional for now?!

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Hugely disappointed, I have been a long note user and had the galaxy edge and switched over to the galaxy edge plus and its a huge let down!

-First of all i loved the call feature in the galaxy edge when someone called it would show on the edge screen. This was awesome when you were browsing the internet or whatever and someone called you could continue doing what you were doing and the call would just show up on the side.
-You could have more then 5 apps on the old edge screen plus it was MUCH easier to access and you could swipe anywhere on the edge screen. The new screen you only have a section you can swipe? wtF?
-In camera mode the controls would be on the edge screen , now its just on the screen? Seriously?

There were way more themes and screens on the old edge screen, this is SUCH A HUGE disappointment, how the heck is any of this a upgrade? I wish i could get the old edge screen functions on the phone. This really sucks because the old edge was just lagging too much and giving me problems with the touch screen. I have no idea if I should switch this to the note 5 and just say eff it to the edge screen or just keep it and see if i get use to of it.

SOOO disappointed, and im a huge diehard samsung fan. they took a huge downgrade with the edge screen. What is the edge screen even functional for now?!

Wow, I never knew you could actually do that with the EDGE screen all the time I thought it was just a gimmick but that does sound useful. At the moment, I never see anything on the edge unless the screen is in lock mode and I swipe up/down in the middle of the screen then I see them.

As to having more apps on the edge screen that isn't a big deal to me personally, I keep all my apps on the home screen and I only have 1 home screen which has everything I use mostly and the 5 most used apps like calculator + memo + voice recorder on the edge screen apps.

I don't know where you live but here in Dubai they only have the Note 5 in 32GB they won't get the 64GB version and that is a big no no to me. I personally never ever felt like I needed to pull out that S Pen when I had the Note 4 so that's a personal choice again but I heard many users easily breaking or losing their S-Pen and it's hard to find one that is genuine online so having an edge+ means one less thing to worry about, breaking that S-Pen. To be fair though, we have to admit this is the snappiest Galaxy ever released, it has the 0 lag factor, Disable TouchWiz and install Nova Launcher and it becomes a dream.

PS: If you visit the Samsung Galaxy App Store, you will find enhancements to buy for the Edge screen like the notification of calls and such maybe that would help solve one of your concerns?

This is my Home Screen (just 1 single page):

4TKR7Gz.png

Last edited:

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

The Galaxy S6 Edge Plus is not the successor to the Galaxy Note Edge which you owned. It is simply an over-sized Galaxy S6 Edge which does not have a separate independent Edge screen with the functionalities you enjoyed with the Note Edge. You are acting like this phone is a huge letdown however you are comparing 2 different device types. Unfortunately, all you had to do was read or watch the dozens of reviews about the S6 Edge Plus instead of just assuming it was an improved version of your previous device before switching. Hope you eventually enjoy using it as it is a fantastic device.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
@OP, it sounds like you didn't read up on the device before you purchased and simply got the phone and assumed it was a successor to the Note Edge. Next time don't assume, always do research before a big purchase so you don't end up disappointed. This phone was never marketed as a successor to the Note Edge. It was advertised as a PLUS model of the regular S6 edge, which is nothing like the Note Edge.

Maybe you can take it back and stick to your Note Edge if you haven't sold it yet. Sorry to say but I don't think a successor to the Note Edge is in the horizon. That model was wildly unpopular, a stark contrast to the current crop of edge models which are selling like hotcakes. Sure, the new edge models have far less edge features than the old Note Edge but they are light years ahead in terms of premium industrial design, and that's their selling point. There are those who were captivated by the old edge functions, in which case it's best to stick with what you have, especially if you can't live without the older, more functional edge screen.

skid_

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I got mine on Tuesday and think it's amazing, can easily seeing it lasting me a good 18mths before anything could compete on swaying me. Okay I'm coming from HTC one m8 but that had one of the best builds and was really underated all because of the way the camera had its two lenses, but was still a great snapper. Anyway spending £600 on anything I'm gonna do some research and it's clear you missed the 50+ comparison and reviews of the phone on YouTube.

Sent from Edge+ using Tapatalk