cell standby is almost always top on battery use.

anyone else having this? the phone is perfect except for this one issue. I've researched the hell out of it, and there's a bunch of things I've tried that I'm too lazy to list here. just curious if anyone else has had this issue, and if they were able to resolve it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-03-2015 07:49 PM
    That usually means that your cell signal has been generally poor. Does the Settings>Battery menu show you what your cell signal has been like, if you tap the battery graph and make it fullscreen? If not, install GSam Battery Monitor and see what it reports over the span of one full charge.
    10-03-2015 08:39 PM
    Known bug with Lollipop. Haven't been able to find anyone who has a fix without hacking the phone.
    10-06-2015 07:42 PM
    As others have said, a poor signal will give you poor battery life. However, most of the time this issue is from your phone constantly checking for location. Change your location settings to Power Saving.
    10-07-2015 07:24 AM
    this kind of defeats the purpose of my phone especially at work, but disabling wifi seems to fix this problem.

10-07-2015 10:04 AM
    So I guess with the lousy radios Samsung used everyone has a bad signal.

10-07-2015 10:44 AM
    So I guess with the lousy radios Samsung used everyone has a bad signal.

No idea what you are talking about. The radio's no better or worse than any other 4G phone I've had. Look in my siggy and you'll see I've tried them all. They all have about the same radio signal in them.
    BBSeattle likes this.
    10-07-2015 01:03 PM
    Oh, now I remember this issue. It may have to do with wi-fi calling. See this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ery-drain.html
    10-07-2015 04:26 PM
    No idea what you are talking about. The radio's no better or worse than any other 4G phone I've had. Look in my siggy and you'll see I've tried them all. They all have about the same radio signal in them.
    Same place my Note 4 ran at 85 dbm 40asu and the S6 Edge Plus runs between 102 dbm and 106 dbm exact same chair.

10-07-2015 05:37 PM
    Same place my Note 4 ran at 85 dbm 40asu and the S6 Edge Plus runs between 102 dbm and 106 dbm exact same chair.

I guess I've had good luck. Sitting in the same spot I've sat for 8 years now, same signal. Well, mine actually might be better because it keeps the LTE. My G4 would drop to 3G every now and then, so I'd say the Edge + is slightly better at maintaining the LTE. I have the same signal strength though. Maybe you got a bad phone?
    10-08-2015 08:24 AM
    cell standby is almost always top on battery use.

anyone else having this? the phone is perfect except for this one issue. I've researched the hell out of it, and there's a bunch of things I've tried that I'm too lazy to list here. just curious if anyone else has had this issue, and if they were able to resolve it.

Marshmallows around the corner and that has some drastic improvements on battery life. My Nexus nine is doing noticeably better battery life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-10-2015 06:25 AM