Anybody having problems with the S6 Edge+ dropping network on Verizon?

BamaDave

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
2-3 times per week, my phone drops the Verizon network, and I have to restart it to restore access. Is anyone else experiencing this? I was having a similar problem on my Galaxy 4 before I changed phones in August.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
No problems with Verizon on my S6 Edge plus but never had a problem with my previous phones as well.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

schminckemd10

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
2-3 times per week, my phone drops the Verizon network, and I have to restart it to restore access. Is anyone else experiencing this? I was having a similar problem on my Galaxy 4 before I changed phones in August.
I actually see this problem too...not as frequently maybe like once a week or once every two weeks. I came from the Note 3 and never had an issue there...

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Short Answer: No. Mine keeps it's LTE signal and hasn't dropped anything.

Long Answer: I've seen the opposite with the VZW Edge +. I had the G2, G3, iPhone 6+, and G4 and they would all switch to 3G while I was sitting in my chair at home intermittently. The Edge + has never switch to 3G in that spot. It's held on to the LTE signal even though it's sitting at the same dBms as the other 4 phones.

Daniel Kang

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
It possibly might have to do with VolTE? Try turning it on (if not already) and see if that helps. I've seen people reporting about bad calling signal because you do not use LTE data during phone calls with the Edge+ if Advanced calling is off. I could be wrong, but worth trying!

Iliad

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
On Verizon, the Edge+ isn't compatible with Advanced Calling v1.0, so VoLTE is not relevant.

I'm getting the same problem; my Edge+ will lose all cell data / signal, while displaying multiple bars of 4G. It doesn't reconnect until I restart, and usually find that I've missed several calls / messages. It's horrible.

It's a little over a month old, so I'd get it replaced under warranty, but I just cracked the screen, and didn't opt for insurance. The crack I can live with; the failure of basic communication functionality I cannot.

If anyone finds some answers, I'd love to hear them.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
On Verizon, the Edge+ isn't compatible with Advanced Calling v1.0, so VoLTE is not relevant.

I'm getting the same problem; my Edge+ will lose all cell data / signal, while displaying multiple bars of 4G. It doesn't reconnect until I restart, and usually find that I've missed several calls / messages. It's horrible.

It's a little over a month old, so I'd get it replaced under warranty, but I just cracked the screen, and didn't opt for insurance. The crack I can live with; the failure of basic communication functionality I cannot.

Um. I'm using Advanced Calling on my Verizon Edge+.

Iliad

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Huh. Okay, I suppose it does say "advanced calling" and "HD voice" in Settings. I tried turning on the setting from the Verizon website and it gave the incompatible message.

In any case, it's not helping the issue.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what you mean, how is it not helping the issue?
Is there some definitive information that you are aware of?

Huh. Okay, I suppose it does say "advanced calling" and "HD voice" in Settings. I tried turning on the setting from the Verizon website and it gave the incompatible message.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Advanced Calling works fine on my Edge +?

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like a call to VZW's tech support is in order for you. As for your screen crack, sorry to hear that. I'd contact Sammy and see how much they'd charge to fix it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca