I was always under the impression that enabling WiFi will increase the battery life. That's how it was on BlackBerry phones in the past as it would alleviate the phone from working hard and getting data/signal from the mobile network so that's how I always had my Galaxy S6 edge+.

I would turn it on in the morning and by 5 PM I'm down to 35% battery life and I barely use my phone!

Today I tried leaving my phone on 4G but no WiFi, I have an unlimited data plan anyway!

now it's 23:39 and I used the phone the same way as I did before, just 2 phone calls and some surfing, battery life is still @ 75%!!! This is insane!!
    10-09-2015 02:40 PM
    When WiFi is on, your phone is constantly active looking for a connection. It's always been that way. But yes, just like turning off bluetooth when you don't need it will also add some life to the battery. I always keep extra chargers so I don't have an issue with low battery.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-28-2015 11:10 PM
    I have had stellar battery life on the S6E+. I have Wifi, Bluetooth, Location, data and NFC turned on all day and a couple of days ago after 17 hours of on time, I was still at 40%.
    10-29-2015 02:41 AM
    I was always under the impression that enabling WiFi will increase the battery life. That's how it was on BlackBerry phones in the past as it would alleviate the phone from working hard and getting data/signal from the mobile network so that's how I always had my Galaxy S6 edge+.

I would turn it on in the morning and by 5 PM I'm down to 35% battery life and I barely use my phone!

Today I tried leaving my phone on 4G but no WiFi, I have an unlimited data plan anyway!

now it's 23:39 and I used the phone the same way as I did before, just 2 phone calls and some surfing, battery life is still @ 75%!!! This is insane!!
    I'm in the exact opposite boat. At work my LTE signal is 1 bar to 3G to 1x to nothing, then back to 1 bar again. It's constantly changing and looking for a signal, so I have to keep Wifi on and connected. When I leave work, I always turn off the Wi-Fi, because I too am on unlimited data.

Just curious, have you adjusted your monthly Cellular budget to cover the extra $20 per unlimited line on next month's bill?
    10-29-2015 06:30 AM
    It completely depends on our environment if you are in an area with good cellular coverage and poor or intermittent WiFi or many physically different APs to a single network such as a large office turn off WiFi. If you are in an area with poor cellular coverage and a constant WiFi such as at home or at your desk turn off the cell although this is at your desk or at home so it doesn't matter as you can just plugin.
    10-31-2015 02:49 PM
    It might help to go to Settings > Wi-Fi > More > Advanced > uncheck "Always allow scanning". This is what I do on my devices and it noticeably improves the battery life.
    10-31-2015 03:05 PM

This will not be true for everybody.
    In general, wifi will ALWAYS be easier on the battery than 4g/3g. Unless ur router is rubbish. I get the opposite to what u say above. Fantastic battery life on wifi, less battery on mobile data only.

Posted via my SM-G928F
    10-31-2015 04:47 PM