Freezing & unresponsive

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem a month ago. Black screen, frozen. Only way out was to lock phone with side button or close wallet case for a second or 2. Then wake phone.

Completely gone after ota update and possibly clear data on stock messages app. My att messages backup and sync was stuck bogging the phone down trying to back up stock messages app. Force stopped that att backup and sync then cleared data on messages app. Was prob the ota update though. Cant know for sure because they were around the same time, luckily my problem is totally gone.

Posted via the Android Central App

VincentGao

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
The only reason I register this forum is for dealing with this problem for you guys who has some problem which I experienced. I give you guys a definitely solution which could solve this problem which is to download "NOVA Launcher Prime" to replace the TouchWiz. This is it. Done.
Before I found this solution, the phenomenon happens more than 3-5 times a day. Now, it is gone......

It works for me. I hope this solution could helps you guys as well.

Forgive me about my English level.

BTW: my phone version is G928I bought it from DickSmith Australia.

Mike12421

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. My phone has recently been getting worse and worse in regards to freezing. Anyways, a couple of days ago I used the built in encryption feature on the phone and it hasn't froze since. Fingers crossed this may have sorted the problem out.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. My phone has recently been getting worse and worse in regards to freezing. Anyways, a couple of days ago I used the built in encryption feature on the phone and it hasn't froze since. Fingers crossed this may have sorted the problem out.

What carrier are you on?

skid_

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Smart alert and smart stay is off and still freezes it isn't as bad since the recent update perhaps 4 times a week now.

Mike12421

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Well just a little update since my last post. My phone has not froze once since I encrypted it. I don't know how it's linked, and I don't really care, I'm just happy that it's finally stopped.

anon(1463213)

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I followed the advice from Michi and disabled my Smart Stay. It's been 24 hours and no freezing issue - when it normally would occur 3 to 5 times a day. I'll post another update a few days from now.

anon(1463213)

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Smart alert and smart stay is off and still freezes it isn't as bad since the recent update perhaps 4 times a week now.

disable Smart Stay in menu display. since no freeze on my Galaxy
Cheers Michi

I followed the advice from Michi and disabled my Smart Stay. It's been 24 hours and no freezing issue - when it normally would occur 3 to 5 times a day. I'll post another update a few days from now.

I am happy to report after 72 hours that I have had not a single freezing issue.

john_ath

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I had a very strange reaction from my s6 edge+ 2 days ago....:
While I was browsing in the internet, I try to watch a video in a tech site.
Suddenly the phone freezes to the landscape mode before the video starts and a strange continuous noise from the microphone also starts.
The phone did not shut down or anything else. It was in the same freezing situation for at least half an hour! I put out the sim card several times, try to make reset by pressing the volume+power buttons 7secs...but nothing at all!
As I was starting to realize that the phone have a serious problem..., half an hour later in a last attemp to bring it back to life by pressing vol/power buttons, the phone did make a restart ! The phone do not have any problem after that and works perfectly after all!
Did anybody have a same or similar issue?

Posted via my SM-G928F

pete101

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
What version of firmware did you update to that helped fix this lockscreen lag?

Mine happens randomly maybe 2 times a day but i use gesture wake up mainly but i have had it from the home screen button. Today while charging it wouldnt wake up with gesture wake up ao i pressed the home button it froze and rebooted. First time it happened.

What exact firmware version did you guys update to fix the problem?