No more dark notification panel?

xxx JeNeSaisQuoi xxx

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Hey there everyone. Here's my question: is there a way to make this (pic. attached) dark? I don't think I have ever owned a Galaxy with no option to do so...
Thanks.

Sent from my new sexy edgy shiny ❤Galaxxxy S6 edge+❤

Attachments

• 38716.jpg
    38716.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 169

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
You can install one of the many dark themes on the theme store. There are several dark material designs available.

Screenshot_2015-10-20-00-50-45.jpg

xxx JeNeSaisQuoi xxx

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
No, guys, that's not what I meant. My screens look as in the pic. attached 😊. I was referring to the pulldown settings/ notification page. It used to always have a black background in Galaxies (or at least an option to be black), but this one has a white background (refer to pic. in my orig. post) and there seems to be no way to change that... unless I don't understand what you're all telling me...

Attachments

• 38717.jpg
    38717.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 132

xxx JeNeSaisQuoi xxx

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. Your notifications still have the white background though. That is what I want to be dark. 😊

Last edited:

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. Yout notifications still have the white background though. That is what I want to be dark. ������

I'm pretty sure that this was a Lollipop change from dark to white notifications. Without installing a different launcher, I do not think there is way to change the default launcher to dark for notifications. And, if I remember correctly, several people complained about this when Lollipop first came out.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. Yout notifications still have the white background though. That is what I want to be dark. 😊

Ah yeah if you're referring to the notification "cards" background being white then it is a Lollipop thing. Material design guidelines demanded a lighter theme language overall, much to the dismay of many users. I believe they're adding the option to switch to a dark UI theme in Marshmallow.

xxx JeNeSaisQuoi xxx

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, those. 😑 I have Go Launcher, so I have as much customized as it is possible with a phone w/o root... but that part just annoys me so much... I hope someone will come up with a way to change that...
Thank you for the help! 😊

xxx JeNeSaisQuoi xxx

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
You can install one of the many dark themes on the theme store. There are several dark material designs available.

View attachment 202066

Is there a chance you could post a link to that theme which converted your toggle panel to blue? Or at least a screenshot of the app with the name and its "avatar" picture? I searched the play store with all the keywords you'd mentioned, but there was nothing I could find... Thank you in advance!

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Is there a chance you could post a link to that theme which converted your toggle panel to blue? Or at least a screenshot of the app with the name and its "avatar" picture? I searched the play store with all the keywords you'd mentioned, but there was nothing I could find... Thank you in advance!

It's a Samsung theme from the Samsung Theme Store. You won't find Samsung Themes on the Google Play Store I'm pretty sure. They're not exactly "apps" per se, I'm pretty sure they use a different format than regular APK apps.

Anyway just go to the Theme Store from your Theme settings and look for one called "Cyber".

xxx JeNeSaisQuoi xxx

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
It's a Samsung theme from the Samsung Theme Store. You won't find Samsung Themes on the Google Play Store I'm pretty sure. They're not exactly "apps" per se, I'm pretty sure they use a different format than regular APK apps.

Anyway just go to the Theme Store from your Theme settings and look for one called "Cyber".
Ok, I FINALLY found the location of that stuff... Woohoo!! 😃
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

xxx JeNeSaisQuoi xxx

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I have another question for everyone now... My daughter's Galaxy S4 just updated its OS (she says that apparently it updated despite her attempt to postpone the update)... Anyway, her drop-down panel is now light and ugly, too. However... there seems to be no Samsung theme store to be found... or am I looking at the wrong places? Is there a way to access the Samsung theme store from Galaxy S4?

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I have another question for everyone now... My daughter's Galaxy S4 just updated its OS (she says that apparently it updated despite her attempt to postpone the update)... Anyway, her drop-down panel is now light and ugly, too. However... there seems to be no Samsung theme store to be found... or am I looking at the wrong places? Is there a way to access the Samsung theme store from Galaxy S4?

No. The theme store is only available on the latest Samsung phones ( Note 5, S6, A8 )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol