Choetech fast wireless charger compared with the Samsung

mmakoto

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the fast wireless charger from Samsung as well, so this review is a little comparison of the two.

Samsung fast wireless charger:
PROS:
- quality stuff, something you'd expect from a big manufacturer.
- internal fan? not sure if this is a pro or con, but it helps to keep the charger a bit cooler

CONS:
- you could probably hear the fan noise if put next to your bed at sleep times
- expensive at $60-$70, depending on color and merchant.
- only works with the Samsung adaptive fast wall charger, does not work with other qc 2.0 certified wall chargers.

Choetech fast wireless charger:
PROS:
- much smaller in overall size, I like it better than the bigger Samsung one.
- no internal fan or vents. although this could be subjective, only time will tell if there would be a heating issue.
- at only $35 compared to $60-$70.
- works with all the qc 2.0 and Samsung adaptive fast wall chargers.

not really any cons for the choetech, it's much cheaper and works just as well as the Samsung. it even works with all qc 2.0 wall chargers, and that's a big plus. so I really don't see a reason to buy the Samsung unless one is into the big brands.

for the record, I have received this product at a discounted price in return for an honest review.

ucsdsig

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the observations. Really wonder how much of a difference the internal fan on the Samsung makes. I have the Choetech unit and it gets hot (around 42-43 degrees C), especially after reaching 100% and trickle charging.

I've actually resorted to using a non-quick charge adapter with the Choetech, since it's my bedside charger and used overnight. No more heat issues, but of course, no fast charging,

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. I'm contemplating a fast wire less charger and this helps alot.

Posted via the Android Central App

ucsdsig

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the Samsung Fast Wireless Charger yesterday. Am interested in seeing if it generates less heat than the Choetech due to its internal fan.

Interesting that the price of the Samsung unit has dropped since it's initial release. It was $69.99 on Amazon a few weeks ago. I paid $58.99 yesterday. Now there's only a $13 price difference between the Samsung and Choetech units (w/ the bundled power adapter).

Yellowcanary

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I purchased the Samsung Fast Wireless Charger yesterday. Am interested in seeing if it generates less heat than the Choetech due to its internal fan.

Interesting that the price of the Samsung unit has dropped since it's initial release. It was $69.99 on Amazon a few weeks ago. I paid $58.99 yesterday. Now there's only a $13 price difference between the Samsung and Choetech units (w/ the bundled power adapter).

I have the Samsung Fast Charger and can tell you that it barely gets warm and I don't hear the fan at all and it's right beside my head on nightstand. I do wish there was a switch to turn off the charging lights.

Posted via the Android Central App