S6 Edge Plus or stick with Note 5?

pivotalrex

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I ordered the Note 5, have had it about 5 days and really like it. The issue is that I don't see myself using the stylus pen with the phone. I initially wanted the S6 Edge plus but talked myself out of it after reading some posts of issues with the phone.

For those of you that have the edge plus, are you happy with it or would you switch to the note 5 if you could? Are the issues on the board plaguing everyone or just a few? I'm just trying to avoid making a bad decision here.

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I ordered the Note 5, have had it about 5 days and really like it. The issue is that I don't see myself using the stylus pen with the phone. I initially wanted the S6 Edge plus but talked myself out of it after reading some posts of issues with the phone.

For those of you that have the edge plus, are you happy with it or would you switch to the note 5 if you could? Are the issues on the board plaguing everyone or just a few? I'm just trying to avoid making a bad decision here.

I have own quite a few Note phones. Note 2, Note 3, Note 4 and now the Note 5. Not once have I used the S-Pen.(except when the phone was new and I took it out just to test it)

With the S6 Edge+, I finally have the option to buy a large screen Samsung phone with SuperAMOLED screen.... unfortunately, I can't see myself using a curved screen because I tend to drop my phones. :(

Tommy Bayshore

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I originally had the Note 5, ive always been a Note user and love them. Honestly though the stupid stylus popped out 2 times and i had to purchase a new one off Amazon for almost $50 a pop each time. I always liked the curved glass edge but the regular S6 edge in my opinion sucked and was slow, when i found out the new S6 Edge + had the same under the hood the Note 5 had i decided to get it, i absolutely love it, ive read random weird reviews but at the end of the day this is the best looking and best performing device ive ever had, i got the gold one and it only comes in 32GB which sucks, my Note 5 was 64GB. Either way both are great phones i just like the way images pop with the curved glass.

jessmags

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have had the Note 4, loved it, but didn't use the pen. Had the S6, hated it. I now have the S6 Edge Plus and LOVE it! The size and power of my Note 4, better battery life, better look, and feels good in the hand. I really don't see myself trading it in until the S7 Edge Plus comes out! (I have TMob Jump). I say, if you are regretting not getting the Edge Plus and don't use the pen on your Note, go for it and exchange for the Edge Plus :)

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I had the n5 but returned it for the gs6 edge plus they both are a beast not sure what you heard about the 6 plus that's bad almost every review I've seen everybody just loves this phone . Only reason I took the n5 back was that I kept my note 4 edge . The 6 plus in gold is beautiful

Posted via the Android Central App

ucsdsig

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My previous devices were the Note 2, 3 and 4. Decided to change things up this year and got the Edge+. No regrets, although there are times I do miss the stylus for various tasks.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
My previous devices were the Note 2, 3 and 4. Decided to change things up this year and got the Edge+. No regrets, although there are times I do miss the stylus for various tasks.

I know exactly how you feel. There's been a few instances now where I really needed the screen write option from the Note. Given the choice I'd still take the Edge+ over the Note 5 just because it's so beautiful and it makes me smile every time I look at it, but I really wish they made a Note 5 Edge - S6 Edge+ with S-Pen, not that hideous asymmetrical Note Edge from last generation.

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had the S6 egde+ for a few weeks now and I'm very happy with it. I have grown accustomed to holding it a certain way in my fingers. I have some small issues with moving the cursor around to select text that curves over the edge screen. The aesthetic beauty of the curved edges outweigh this tiny detail in my opinion. It's not the curves that make it so great but the lack of side bezels that make it look so good. Essentially, whatever you're viewing has a sort of "negative edge" on both sides, a sexy aspect. This bezel-less presentation is what is so eye catching about the phone. However, I held my wife's Note 4 the other day and I immediately felt the difference. I am switching to the Note 5 tomorrow simply because I prefer the wallet cases on both phones and as a power-user I can man-handle it without touching the screen accidentally. That and I miss the s pen for quick selection in lieu of cropping screen shots through the gallery editor. That being said, I still love this GS6 edge plus and I would highly recommend it to any type of user.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I've had the S6 egde+ for a few weeks now and I'm very happy with it. I have grown accustomed to holding it a certain way in my fingers. I have some small issues with moving the cursor around to select text that curves over the edge screen. The aesthetic beauty of the curved edges outweigh this tiny detail in my opinion. It's not the curves that make it so great but the lack of side bezels that make it look so good. Essentially, whatever you're viewing has a sort of "negative edge" on both sides, a sexy aspect. This bezel-less presentation is what is so eye catching about the phone. However, I held my wife's Note 4 the other day and I immediately felt the difference. I am switching to the Note 5 tomorrow simply because I prefer the wallet cases on both phones and as a power-user I can man-handle it without touching the screen accidentally. That and I miss the s pen for quick selection in lieu of cropping screen shots through the gallery editor. That being said, I still love this GS6 edge plus and I would highly recommend it to any type of user.

So are you gonna keep your gs6 edge plus and the n5 wouldn't be a bad thing I held on to my n4 edge for that very reason you now you'll have the best of both worlds

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
That would be nice to keep both. Im switching from att to tmobile and tmo is paying off my gs6edge+ phone so i have to pick a new loaner. It will be interesting to see what i use my 3 allowed phone switches per year on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000