When I first got the s6 Edge + the items shown in the "app draw" were listed in alphabetical order. But, after downloading additional apps to the file, they no longer were in alpha order. I tried using "app manager' and it did place all the apps indicated in the "app manager" in alpha order, but when I pressed the applications button on my home screen, the apps were not alphabetically listed.
    It's most likely a setting that I am not seeing, but it sure is annoying (at least to me).

Thanks.
    10-30-2015 02:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! On the Note5, when you open the App Drawer, there's a sorting button at the top (I think it says A-Z). Do you see that on your S6 Edge+?
    10-30-2015 02:43 PM
    Yep! B Diddy is correct! In the S6+, just click the A-Z sort option at the top of the apps drawer.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-30-2015 03:41 PM
    This is actually one of the features I like about TouchWiz over other launchers. I like that I can arrange the icons in any order I want, and then quickly put them back in alphabetical order when I need to do so.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-31-2015 07:52 AM
    I upgraded to the newest (i think?) Software 5.1.1 and I found A-Z button beside the edit button in my s6 edge. Hope this helps
    11-28-2015 11:12 PM
    Well, I have the same frustration with my new S6 Edge+ (Verizon, 5.1.1): I've read a lot of suggested fixes, but on my app drawer screen there are NO buttons along top -- only 3 choices "All Apps, Games, Service" (so no edit button, no A-Z button, etc. Along the bottom are 5 soft buttons, none of which is edit: There's a mag glass, which takes you the Play (app) store; a little dandelion icon, which spreads dandilion seeds across the screen, followed by what seems to be a random advert (zillow, boost phone, blah blah); at the center is a little menu-like icon, faded out, 3 horizontal lines, which just takes me back to my home screen; then a tool wrench (hope here!), which takes me to an app manager page with storage, apps listed in a variety of ways (size, freq of use, even A-Z, but it just applies to this list with check boxes so you can uninstall; it does NOT alphabetize my APP Drawer!), and finally a little sweeper brush, which shows me freeable space, apps that can/can't be 'cleaned'). AND THAT's IT, folks.

AND, as many of you know, the S6 Edge+ (and I think S6 in general?) (at least under Verizon, and Android 5.1.1) does NOT have a menu button, which many have suggested will reveal a sort key, as it did on my S4. I really miss the menu button, and no, not all apps have their own built in menu.

Anyway, I still find NO way to sort the app drawer, and it's frustrating the #$%&^#$ out of me. The manual method doesn't appeal to me at all, and it has to be done every time you add a new app.

There.

chuck
    12-01-2015 01:40 AM
    Well, I have the same frustration with my new S6 Edge+ (Verizon, 5.1.1): I've read a lot of suggested fixes, but on my app drawer screen there are NO buttons along top -- only 3 choices "All Apps, Games, Service" (so no edit button, no A-Z button, etc. Along the bottom are 5 soft buttons, none of which is edit: There's a mag glass, which takes you the Play (app) store; a little dandelion icon, which spreads dandilion seeds across the screen, followed by what seems to be a random advert (zillow, boost phone, blah blah); at the center is a little menu-like icon, faded out, 3 horizontal lines, which just takes me back to my home screen; then a tool wrench (hope here!), which takes me to an app manager page with storage, apps listed in a variety of ways (size, freq of use, even A-Z, but it just applies to this list with check boxes so you can uninstall; it does NOT alphabetize my APP Drawer!), and finally a little sweeper brush, which shows me freeable space, apps that can/can't be 'cleaned'). AND THAT's IT, folks.

AND, as many of you know, the S6 Edge+ (and I think S6 in general?) (at least under Verizon, and Android 5.1.1) does NOT have a menu button, which many have suggested will reveal a sort key, as it did on my S4. I really miss the menu button, and no, not all apps have their own built in menu.

Anyway, I still find NO way to sort the app drawer, and it's frustrating the #$%&^#$ out of me. The manual method doesn't appeal to me at all, and it has to be done every time you add a new app.

There.

chuck
    So your app drawer doesn't have the A-Z link at the top right like my VZW Sammy G6+?

How do you alphabetize the apps shown in the app drawer?-screenshot_2015-12-02-06-45-48.jpg

I use folders, because I like everything on 1 page, but I could still sort alphabetically by selecting the A-Z link above.

As for the menu button, while there is not an actual button, you can long press the back button (IE: hold your finger down on the back button). That acts as your menu button.
    Attached Thumbnails How do you alphabetize the apps shown in the app drawer?-screenshot_2015-12-02-06-45-48.jpg  
    12-02-2015 07:49 AM
    Scotty, No, it doesn't have an A-Z, and I can't put a screen shot up right now, running off, but I wonder, then, if it's because I use Go-Launcher, and if my app drawer is theirs, and not Sammy's VZN own. And a long press on my back button does not..... whoaaaaaa, hold it! Within the App drawer (go-launcher's) it DID bring up a menu, and sure enough there IS an A-Z sort there, like in the old days! Scotty, you are my hero! Thank you!
    chezoik/charles
    scottysize likes this.
    12-03-2015 11:02 AM
    Scotty, No, it doesn't have an A-Z, and I can't put a screen shot up right now, running off, but I wonder, then, if it's because I use Go-Launcher, and if my app drawer is theirs, and not Sammy's VZN own. And a long press on my back button does not..... whoaaaaaa, hold it! Within the App drawer (go-launcher's) it DID bring up a menu, and sure enough there IS an A-Z sort there, like in the old days! Scotty, you are my hero! Thank you!
    chezoik/charles
    Cool. Yes, it's your launcher your using is why your app drawer looks different than mine.
    12-03-2015 01:26 PM
    I was searching for this as well and finally figured it out. In the app drawer, there is a sweep icon. Hold it down and swipe up. This will bring up the "Sorting" option that others are referring to.
    02-10-2017 05:42 PM