S6 Edge Plus help please?

philliplavelle

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I have an issue which is really coming between me and my sleep.

Here's where I'm at - I have been using an iPhone 6S Plus for a few months which I think is a great phone. But I'm a mobile geek. And I bore easily. And I love Android Wear. I have an S6 Edge Plus which was a loan from Samsung (which they haven't asked back) and I really like the idea of it becoming my daily driver. I'm fully bought into Android as well as iOS as I've been flip flopping between the two OS' for years. And I love the openness of it.

BUT - there is one thing that is stopping me and that is this:

I do a lot of driving for work and I have a great setup with my stereo system, It connects via Bluetooth audio, I can just yell 'Hey Siri' and tell it to, say, 'play music by Louis Armstrong' and with the tight integration with Apple Music and it plays it well. I don't have to take my hands off the wheel and it streams the song within a second or two.

I've always thought Google Now much better, but I have real issues with getting it to play music. I have Spotify installed and I've also added Google Play Music Premium but Samsung appears to have crippled this a bit.. You have to have the phone charging for it to work with the screen off (no biggie - I have a charge in my car), but if I tell it to play music, it says 'OK' and then it does nothing. I have to then unlock the screen before it actually completes the command. Which obviously negates the whole point. I may as well pull over every song and manually do it.

I can't stress how frustrating this is. What I want to do is just be able to say 'OK Google, Play Madonna Holiday' and for it to play the song. Not for me to have to say that, then unlock the phone and repeat all over again.

Some points:

* All voice recognition options in the 'voice detection' settings are enabled.

* When I say 'unlock', I mean get past the lock screen. I have the S6 Edge Plus set up with both my stereo AND Android Wear watch as trusted devices, so the phone isn't refusing to do this from a security standpoint as I just have to swipe the screen to get it to the main home screen, not input a pin or scan a fingerprint.

Any ideas? Would really help me! This is such a small thing, but it really is a killer deal for me in terms of whether I can commit to this phone full time.

Thanks in advance!

philliplavelle

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks both.

Drive mode works OK, but unfortunately doesn't seem to fix the issue.

Can't seem to find or download Samsung Milk. Missing in both the Google Play and Samsung Stores! How strange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma