Great Phone, Bad Device!

pepsijunky

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if anyone else is having the same problems I am having with my GS6Edge+.

First of all, I love the phone, the screen, size, speed, battery all good.

My problem started 2 weeks or so ago, the screen started getting non responsive. First it would take 10 seconds to react to repeated swipes, other times nothing would work at all for 20-30 seconds. Then it would come back. This has been going on off and on for the last 10 days, really bad at times today.

Also, starting last Sunday, the phone radio/signal started turning off on it's own. Happened 6-7 times in the last week, again today too. It's got a little curse.

Anyway, I took it into Verizon last Tuesday and they switched out the sim card. My 14 days was up the next day, so they said come back then if I was still having problems. Of course I had no problems until this thursday/friday. Took it in again, but now it's a warranty claim. My "new" phone arrives tomorrow, hopefully no more bugs.

Anyone else have weirdness with the screen or phone signal going out?

Racing24

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
You wouldn't happen to have an Invisible Shield screen protector on your S6 Edge+? I installed one on mine today and have been experiencing the same screen and touch issues you describe above.

Duncan Wong

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
The biggest problem to me is inconsistent battery life. My phone still lost 20% juice overnight being idle. No matter how I make adjustment.

I had installed battery monitor app(GSAM) but it doesn’t help. I am only able to know the Android system sucks the major power but do not know which part it is. Is there any app that can help me figure out which part that sucks 20% power at night? Thanks.

anon(1463213)

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
If your non-responsive issue has anything to do with the time when you try to wake your phone from screen off mode, then this is a known software issue. Some folks claim that after the last update, the issue was fixed. Others like me, still have had no luck and are awaiting the next software patch.

pepsijunky

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Certainly seems like it was similiar to this. Mine also had the radio turning off almost daily.

My new device, which I've had now for 4-5 days, has had no issues. So far so good.

pepsijunky

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
The biggest problem to me is inconsistent battery life. My phone still lost 20% juice overnight being idle. No matter how I make adjustment.

I had installed battery monitor app(GSAM) but it doesn’t help. I am only able to know the Android system sucks the major power but do not know which part it is. Is there any app that can help me figure out which part that sucks 20% power at night? Thanks.

I don't have an answer to your immediate problem, but why not charge your phone at night?

Duncan Wong

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I don't have an answer to your immediate problem, but why not charge your phone at night?

Sorry i am a bit anxious about letting electronic devices charge without monitoring. Thus, I unplug before sleeping.

I have noticed many users in my country reported same. It seems to be a escalating issue.

mmakoto

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

You're definitely not alone on this issue, I have the same. Do you have the night clock turned on? That feature takes at least 5% juice if I turn on the night clock for 5-7hrs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1