Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ weak signal problem!!

cbarefoot82

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I've had my edge+ for about 3 months now on Sprint. I had my original edge+ replaced for the horrible signal problems because I and Sprint both thought maybe I just got a bummed phone. I can literally sit next to someone with any other brand device running on Sprint (such as an HTC, LG, or Iphone) and they'll have full LTE service with really great download speeds and mine will continuously bounce. I go from decent LTE signal, to 3g, to 1x, and then no service at all. I'm constantly dropping calls, missing calls and getting a voicemail 3 hours later even though my phone never rang, and there are times I'll try and send a text when signal shows 3 or 4 bars of LTE service and I'll get a message saying unable to send message at this time. I have to airplane mode my phone for almost every single message I send, apps and web pages won't load even though I'm showing service (LTE), and when I finally do get data flowing through mobile connection (again LTE) my speeds are less than 5 mbps down and something like .4 up.. I've read all over the internet about Samsung's choice in device antenna's and this issue seems to be all over the world. Here in the U.S., it seems that Sprint customers are the worst off. I've been fighting and arguing with Sprint for 3 months now, but there are few options for me to replace with a different brand since I'm leasing my edge+ for 2 years! I don't really want a different make or model because this phone rocks other than I can NEVER get good service, or data. Samsung support is useless and offers nothing more than a "factory reset" suggestion even though I've already done this more times than I'd care to remember. Is there an update that can possibly solve this? Is this just a horrible design/hardware flaw that I have to live with for the next two years? Is there anyway at all, to miraculously fix this issue with some hidden menu setting? I've scoured every corner of the internet, every forum, every YouTube video and the only things I ever come across are people like me asking the same questions. We need a fix. I use my phone for work and my primary residents, but I end up missing more calls than I ever answer, and have you ever watched your phone try to send a message for hours at a time? My roommate has an Iphone 6s plus and she has nearly full LTE service all the time, sitting right next to me, her download speeds average between 15mbps and 30mbps every day. This is not a network issue, it's a Samsung specific problem that NEEDS resolved!! These phone's aren't cheap and I didn't buy an almost $800.00 paper weight!! Please help lol. Any info is greatly appreciated!!

Posted via the Android Central App

skid_

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what to suggest but you could hold out for the next OS update to see if it fixes the issue. Not being in the US I'm not sure how the operators deal with signals and solutions.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
This is one of the main reasons why I sold my S6 edge+, horrible signal compared to all my other phones. This is a common Samsung issue. High battery usage even in idle mode and bad signal.

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
When is the update coming I have had recent complaints of people not getting my messages and I am not getting theirs. Some are Android users and some Iphone users. I recently moved and that is when I started having the issues with the weak signal oh yeah I have a At&t with an unlocked dual sim g9287.

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I was pushed an update over the weekend but I don't know if it was from at&t or Samsung either way my signal strength or bars of service aren't any better but I haven't recently had any complaints about not getting my text since swaping out my sim and having them register my imei.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae