Wife Looking to Upgrade to S6 edge+

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
She currently has an LG G2 and is due for an upgrade. Verizon currently offering $100 off and double the storage. Basically $27/mo for a 64gb. It seems like a great phone and she really requires a very good camera which her G2 has. Should we wait for upcoming announcements or is everyone happy with their edge+?

Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App on my Moto X Pure

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
There will always be better greater phone a few months ahead.. The s 6 edge plus is a great phone with great Camara. She will love it. Samsung seemed to to have fixed the lag issue with touchwiz that existed galaxy phones from the s3 to the s5

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The "edge" is gimmicky and for the most part useless.
Looks very cool though....
Aside from that the phone is pretty awesome; fast, great camera, etc.
You might consider the Note5 as well.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
The "edge" is gimmicky and for the most part useless.
Looks very cool though....
Aside from that the phone is pretty awesome; fast, great camera, etc.
You might consider the Note5 as well.

If it was my purchase, I believe I would prefer the Note over the edge. They seem extremely similar, with a few design differences. I know I would use the pen, but my wife says she will not and prefers the edges design. We are definitely going to check both of them out, but I think she is still going to prefer the edge.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Edge + is a gorgeous phone. I bet she comes home with one. I had the G2 and it was a great device, hopefully she can get over the larger size of the Edge +. It's a lot bigger than the G2. The Edge screen is a gimmich in my opnion as well. I never used the Edge display, so the Note 5 might be better, but the Edge + is beautiful. I bet she falls in love with it.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Edge + is a gorgeous phone. I bet she comes home with one. I had the G2 and it was a great device, hopefully she can get over the larger size of the Edge +. It's a lot bigger than the G2. The Edge screen is a gimmich in my opnion as well. I never used the Edge display, so the Note 5 might be better, but the Edge + is beautiful. I bet she falls in love with it.

+1,-Great phone, I also think your wife will love it.
I have been forcing myself to use the Edge screen after also not using it at first. I took a couple of regularly used apps off my home screen and put them on the Edge screen thus forcing me to use the Edge screen. I'll try that for awhile and see how it works out?

Last edited:

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Well, we ordered her the Note 5. Ha. But, it was more by default. Verizon sold out of the gold edge+ so we started watching vids on the differences between both the Note 5 and the edge+. Other than the edge, the phones even look the same. She determined that even though she didn't think she would use the pen, she found it would probably be more useful than the edge features. I think the design of the edge and how beautiful it looks is what originally made her choose it. But, after having to research the Note a bit more since the edge was out of stock, she determined that they look very similar, run almost identical, take the same pictures and she might actually use the S pen. She thinks it might be more practical than the edges beautiful design. So, it is being delivered tonight. She can return it and wait if she decides, but I have a feeling she will enjoy the Note.

Thanks to the edge community for the responses and help! If she sticks with the Note I'll be frequenting the Samsung boards more often!

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, we ordered her the Note 5. Ha. But, it was more by default. Verizon sold out of the gold edge+ so we started watching vids on the differences between both the Note 5 and the edge+. Other than the edge, the phones even look the same. She determined that even though she didn't think she would use the pen, she found it would probably be more useful than the edge features. I think the design of the edge and how beautiful it looks is what originally made her choose it. But, after having to research the Note a bit more since the edge was out of stock, she determined that they look very similar, run almost identical, take the same pictures and she might actually use the S pen. She thinks it might be more practical than the edges beautiful design. So, it is being delivered tonight. She can return it and wait if she decides, but I have a feeling she will enjoy the Note.

Thanks to the edge community for the responses and help! If she sticks with the Note I'll be frequenting the Samsung boards more often!

Cool. I bet she'll be very happy. She just needs to get use to the size. It'll take her a few days.

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I didn't have the option of the Note 5 in the UK but tbh I wouldn't have used the spen to it's fullest anyway.
I used to have a Note 2 and the only thing I used the pen for was navigating the phone because it was more accurate than using a finger and it kept fingerprints off the screen.
The Edge plus is a fantastic phone anyway and feels really slim in the hand because of the edges, so even though it's a big phone it doesn't feel as big as it is.
The bonus is it looks stunning and I do use the edge display more than I'd have used most of the features of the pen (night clock is excellent!)

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have the option of the Note 5 in the UK but tbh I wouldn't have used the spen to it's fullest anyway.
I used to have a Note 2 and the only thing I used the pen for was navigating the phone because it was more accurate than using a finger and it kept fingerprints off the screen.
The Edge plus is a fantastic phone anyway and feels really slim in the hand because of the edges, so even though it's a big phone it doesn't feel as big as it is.
The bonus is it looks stunning and I do use the edge display more than I'd have used most of the features of the pen (night clock is excellent!)
What he said. Lol.