Keyboard is unresponsive

Dejan91

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
So recently I have been experiencing problems with my keyboard while using my sms app. As I am typing, the keyboard just becomes either completely unresponsive or it takes about 5 seconds to catch up to what I had typed. This is on both my Samsung keyboard and the swift key keyboard that I downloaded from the play store. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Do you have many messages in your SMS app? Sometimes this app starts to behave badly when it's getting full. You could try deleting some of them, clearing cache for the app and reboot the phone. See if it helps.

If you don't want to lose those messages you could use some app to make a backup before deletion. One of the most popular apps is SMS backup & restore that you can get for free in the Play Store.

almualim

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm also having this issue with Swiftkey on other messaging apps like WhatsApp and FB Messenger. So I don't think it is specific to the SMS app.

The keyboard is very unresponsive and sometimes enters letters I never even pressed and on a few occasions, my recent apps and back buttons also stopped working for around 5 to 10 seconds while I was typing.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I think you're having a different problem. The OP had problems with both keyboards when using the SMS app and you have issues texting anywhere with SwiftKey. In your case I would try first to clear cache and force stop SwiftKey in settings - apps. Reboot your phone after this and see if the problem persists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol