Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more!
12-10-2017 12:04 PM
83 123 ...
tools
    I tend to use a little hand sanitizer and a microfiber cloth. This is prob wrong to use (trust me, I know! No need to lecture me ), but I am really weird about germs.

What do you all use?
    01-07-2016 09:07 AM
    I use Alcohol pads
    01-07-2016 09:09 AM
    I use Alcohol pads
    Perfect - I was thinking of doing the same thing!
    01-07-2016 09:12 AM
    I have been using a Phillips LCD/LED screen cleaner for a few years now. I've used it on my previous laptop, my Mac, my iPhone, my current HTC M8. No issues whatsoever, it is an absolute delightful product to use.
    01-07-2016 09:12 AM
    I use glasses lens wipes or or silk cloth and glass cleaning spray.
    01-07-2016 05:40 PM
    Alcohol is not good. It eventually creates a white residue. I recommend an environmentally friendly solution that doesn't damage your device. I have 2 bottles of this and keep it with me everywhere.

01-08-2016 07:53 AM
    Do not use Alcohol for your precious phone!!....Not even any other cleaning solutions from the market.
    The best solution is tap water...just a small amount in a clean soft wipe, gently cleans the oled panel and also the back of phone.
    After polish off with a cleaning cloth, same as the one you clean your glasses.
    So simple.

Posted via my SM-N920C
    01-08-2016 08:57 AM
    I tend to use a little hand sanitizer and a microfiber cloth. This is prob wrong to use (trust me, I know! No need to lecture me ), but I am really weird about germs.

What do you all use?
    I use these. They're the best.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003...oaL&ref=plSrch

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-08-2016 10:44 AM
    Do not use Alcohol for your precious phone!!....Not even any other cleaning solutions from the market.
    The best solution is tap water...just a small amount in a clean soft wipe, gently cleans the oled panel and also the back of phone.
    After polish off with a cleaning cloth, same as the one you clean your glasses.
    So simple.

Posted via my SM-N920C
    I get what you are saying, but why is alcohol bad? I have the old version of jump, so I get a new phone every time a new one comes out. I don't think cleaning once a week with an antibacterial wipe or alcohol in lieu of one, will do any damage. I could be wrong! Like I said, I am weird about germs. A little tap water is not gonna get rid of any germs that my phone may gather every day. Yuck!
    01-08-2016 01:01 PM
    Alcohol is not good. It eventually creates a white residue. I recommend an environmentally friendly solution that doesn't damage your device. I have 2 bottles of this and keep it with me everywhere.

Cool! I saw this too! Thanks!
    scottysize likes this.
    01-08-2016 01:01 PM

Just ordered this! It was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
    scottysize likes this.
    01-08-2016 01:09 PM
    Man, I love this phone....but the glass back is a freakin finger print magnet. I can't stand it. I would give anything to have the Note 4 backing again. You never had to clean the back of that thing. I would work on my motorcycle and sometimes even get a little oil on the back of the phone and it would just eventually clean itself. It was kinda magical I think. Not a fan of the glass back
    01-16-2016 10:24 AM
    Spit and whatever shirt I'm wearing at the moment?
    01-16-2016 01:40 PM
    Spit and whatever shirt I'm wearing at the moment?
    Forget the spit, I just breathe on the screen and rub on the back/side of my shirt/hoodie/whatever I'm wearing. It works well enough for my glasses right? *ducks*

Seriously, though, either a shirt or a microfiber cloth is all I use to clean my screens before taking pics for my articles.
    thejesse and Geo_Nexus like this.
    01-16-2016 02:33 PM
    Little bit of hand sanitizer and a paper towel. Wipe the screen and all around the phone (I always have a case on my phone). Also I have a glass screen protector so if the screen gets nasty with time, I'll replace the screen protector for ~ $ 7 or so.

*LG Optimus G Pro*
    01-16-2016 02:39 PM
    Microfiber is good. I also use automotive cleaner wax like Turtle Wax or Meguiars (sp). Even a soft touch clay bar pad helps remove or fill in light scratches. Done this with a Sony Xperia Z1S and a Moto X.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto G³
    01-16-2016 03:01 PM
    ZEISS lens wipes are awesome. I use them on all phones, tablets, cameras, watches, glasses, sunnies, you name it.. Cheap too! You can get them at Walmart and Amazon.

01-16-2016 03:09 PM
    I use lens cleaner from Sunglass hut, and a microfiber cloth. I also use this to clean my fragrance testers at work. Travel size is $9.99 and free refills for life at any Sunglass hut or Lenscrafters.

It's a mild cleanser with just enough alcohol to get rid of oil and smudges.

01-16-2016 03:10 PM
    Use PLEXUS plastic cleaner/ polish. Best plastic polish in the world. Originally developed for aircraft windshield/canopys. Can get at some motorcycle shops or on Amazon. Kinda expensive, but 13oz or 26 oz spray cans last a long time, and makes thing slippery and shiny. Can use on about everything plastic or otherwise. Try it, you'll like it!!

01-16-2016 03:50 PM
    Lysol wipes and canned air.

BCwrangler likes this.
    01-16-2016 03:53 PM
    I thought alcohol was hard on the oleophobic coating. I take a microfiber cloth and dry wipe till its clean.
    alphanu22, Invoked79 and libra89 like this.
    01-16-2016 03:55 PM
    My thumb

01-16-2016 04:01 PM
    Assuming you have a screen protector installed: remove any case and wash the case with regular soap and water, use a microfiber cloth and a 50/50 solution of distilled white vinegar and water. Dampen the cloth with the solution and gently wipe all surfaces of the phone and make sure the phone case is completely dry before using on your phone. Do not use the vinegar solution on a bare screen.
    01-16-2016 04:21 PM
    A lot of devices use oleophobic coating on the glass. It is not recommended to use any alcohol-based solutions when cleaning a capacitive touchscreen, neither is it a good idea to apply common household detergents, even if it's stated that they can be used for computer and / or TV screens. The aggressive compounds in such cleaners can easily wipe off the oleophobic coat and leave your glass “naked”.

Cleaning your mobile device's glass should generally be done with just a soft, cotton rag. In extreme cases, water-based solvents should do the trick – cleaners that are specifically designed for touchscreens can be bought at various outlets, just make sure to check the ingredients, as many manufacturers will feel no remorse in stamping an alcohol-based detergent as mobile-friendly. Also, applying the detergent to the rag, rather than spraying it directly on the screen, is a good idea.
    scottysize and Wicell like this.
    01-16-2016 04:30 PM
    I got this at walmart for 9 bucks. It is great for cleaning any tech.
    Attached Thumbnails How do you clean your phone?-1452983581084.jpg  
    01-16-2016 04:33 PM
83 123 ...