Best place to store photos....

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I am getting this phone tomorrow. I currently have a Note 4 with a removable memory card for storing photos. I'm curious what program people are using to store photos without a memory card.

I don't want to make my photos public but I want to be able to access them easily.

Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Depends on your storage capacity. My Edge+ is set to automatically upload to Google photos. Access is seamless with my device. I also keep a copy stored locally.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Google Photos.

Easy to set up, works seamlessly with your cameras and the app and web page have a LOT of cool features... like search for "Steve at the beach" or "cheeseburgers" or "red" and it'll get em for you. If you have a ton of Google Drive space, you can have them save the originals, or you can use the unlimited access, which lightly compresses the pictures (you won't notice) and is a bit more heavy handed with video.

It's a great service.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Google Photos.

Easy to set up, works seamlessly with your cameras and the app and web page have a LOT of cool features... like search for "Steve at the beach" or "cheeseburgers" or "red" and it'll get em for you. If you have a ton of Google Drive space, you can have them save the originals, or you can use the unlimited access, which lightly compresses the pictures (you won't notice) and is a bit more heavy handed with video.

It's a great service.

This, without a doubt...

mmakoto

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I use a few services, kinda testing them as well. First off, one drive is what I share with my wife, we have about 200+gb of free space, not too sure when it's gonna expire. The up and download is kinda slow though. I also use Google photos, although the pics are compressed, but it's free. Flickr, it gives you 1tb of free space, but videos are limited to 2mins only. Lately I have used amazon unlimited everything, I mainly use it to store my massive collection of raw image files, the photo app is just mediocre. I have used Dropbox in the past, great speed and app, but too expensive to use.

Kevin Byng

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Im also new to this concept of cloud storage but decided to try it moving from a Note 3 and a 32Gb Sd card.
Initially I realised I had 15GB of free storage with One Drive because I have office and windows 10 on PC but I now also have taken up the Samsung offer (with S6 edge plus) of 100GB One Drive storage for free but only for two years.
So maybe I need to kept total storage size under 15GB so that I'm not sucking myself into a subscription commitment after two years.
Since the One Drive App came pre-installed on the S6 ( I think it did) that's what im going with for now. Works well, but I turned off the auto sync of photos cause if I took a bum photo of the floor, or the kids started snapping away, I would also find these almost instantly in the cloud as well and im also trying to be a bit more organised with photo albums so I want to choose what I save, and to what album folder.