Phone stuck in constant wakelock by Android OS

Zoolok

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

My S6 Edge+ has been using the battery a lot while not in use - it loses about 40% over night (so about 5% per hour when not in use). When I got the phone, I flashed a custom (rooted) ROM I found here on XDA (Audax was the name, IIRC), but I think the battery issue existed before that. Right now, I literally do not have any apps installed, the phone is as it comes out of the box. So far, I've tried the following:

- Wiped cache and did a factory reset
- Flashed stock ROM with Smart Switch
- Flashed stock ROM and recovery with Odin
- Turned off WiFi, data connection, location, bluetooth (bluetooth is always off, I don't use it), NFC, all Samsung S-Apps, everything I could disable, I did

However, the problem persists. I installed Wakelock Detector Free by using the ADB method described in the app, and left it over night (~8 hours). The result is terrible - the phone got a mere 0.2 seconds of deep sleep over night, meaning it is constantly awake, and the culprit is Android OS. From the looks of it, TimaService is the cause, but I'm not sure if I am reading it correctly, since it is on top, but it only says it kept the phone awake for about 15 minutes. Is there anything I can do? I am getting 8-12 hours of usage time, I have to recharge it twice a day just to get through a day of use. I tried searching online, but I can't find any solution that works.

Also, to clear it up a bit more: I do not have any apps from the playstore on the phone, and I've disabled/removed facebooks, messengers and the rest.

Zoolok

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
For what it's worth, I flashed the Arter97 kernel and, after a few days, it looks like the issue is gone, I am now getting good battery life, both when using the phone and when it is idle. Maybe this information will help someone :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt