Wifi on AT&T Galaxy will not stay off, draining battery. How can I get it to turn off?

A

AC Question

Wifi on AT&T Galaxy will not stay off, draining battery.

I have an AT&T Samsung S6 Edge Plus. My wifi will not stay off. I have disabled "always scanning" and connect to AT&T hotspot and turned wifi off. I've tried just about everything. The issue is that I drive A LOT in my job, so when I'm driving, my phone is constantly scanning and connecting and disconnecting to different wifi and it drains my battery. For instance, we were driving from New Orleans to Texas and even though I kept turning the wifi off, it kept turning back on by itself and connecting to all different wifi, the result is that even when the screen was off and not being used, it was draining about 1% battery every minute.

mookie1028

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: Wifi on AT&T Galaxy will not stay off, draining battery.

do a full reset. or go to setting wifi and under advance i think there is a wifi scanning just turn of , please do at your own risk

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wifi on AT&T Galaxy will not stay off, draining battery. How can I get it to turn off?

Make sure you're not running an app like Smart Wifi (which scans for wifi even if you have scanning in the phone itself turned off).

If it still persists, the phone is under warranty - bring it to an AT&T Device Support Center (ask at any AT&T company store where the nearest one is). They normally replace it while you wait (but you do wait a while - they try to get it working first).

If they replace it, all you get back are your SIM and SD cards, so make sure you have everything backed up before bringing it in. (See Backing up an Android Device.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463