s6 edge plus to s7 edge?

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone here consider moving to the s7 edge why and why not? Would like to hear some thoughts

Posted via the Android Central App

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Me too. I held off purchasing the S6 Edge + & am now looking hard at the 7, particularly since it has SD access again.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I might wait until the summer and see if samsung pull another phone out in September
Just curious as to why you would wait. If they did put another phone out, it would probably be a Note upgrade. I really need to update my S4.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
If I upgrade this year, it will either be to the note 6 or to the surface phone, since I already own the surface pro 4.

skid_

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Just curious as to why you would wait. If they did put another phone out, it would probably be a Note upgrade. I really need to update my S4.
Because it would reduce the 7 price to something more comfortable to my wallet.

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Because it would reduce the 7 price to something more comfortable to my wallet.

Is already light on price. For calculation T-mobile edge costs $779 and considering VR with games and netflix price reduces to $779-$150-$100 = $529. That's the best price you can get for a flagship. May be you have to wait for an year to get the new device without additions for this price. But again what good is it without VR which you may have to spend extra to buy it.

skid_

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm not interested in VR I think it needs the next generation of head sets. This first lot will be glitchy and slow on content so another 18mths and it might be worth it.

I can buy the phone for £500 in the UK but I still love the edge+ and I want 6.01 on it as well. So I can hold out until later on.

dcmarch

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
VR a joke right now. Can only use them with wifi, cant use data off the phone. Tried to buy movie but they won't download you have to stream. Won't play google play movies tried to put movie on phone as mp4 but video player won't play them only supports samsung video player. Hopefully it will get better I returned them.

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not interested in VR I think it needs the next generation of head sets. This first lot will be glitchy and slow on content so another 18mths and it might be worth it.

I can buy the phone for £500 in the UK but I still love the edge+ and I want 6.01 on it as well. So I can hold out until later on.

Isnt marshmallow already released for the UK?

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
VR a joke right now. Can only use them with wifi, cant use data off the phone. Tried to buy movie but they won't download you have to stream. Won't play google play movies tried to put movie on phone as mp4 but video player won't play them only supports samsung video player. Hopefully it will get better I returned them.

Hi dcmarch I was just curious by what you meant about vr being a joke did you mean the quality of vr or the way the content is accessed?

Thanks

dcmarch

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
By the way the content is being accessed. I think buuld quality is fine, dont get me wrong they have some great potential. You just can't do alot with them without wifi. I wanted to download movies and watch but it only allows streaming, it says you can download but when you do the video player doesn't recognize them and you can't use a third party player with the vr. They have great potential just not there yet.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I see ok I can see your frustration with that I think it'll probably change over time though

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Is already light on price. For calculation T-mobile edge costs $779 and considering VR with games and netflix price reduces to $779-$150-$100 = $529. That's the best price you can get for a flagship. May be you have to wait for an year to get the new device without additions for this price. But again what good is it without VR which you may have to spend extra to buy it.

But wonder if you don't already have Netflix & are only mildly interested in VR . I'd rather have Gear instead.

thundr51

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Just got my edge+ in January so not really interested in S7. Yes, it's got a bigger battery and sd card, but I guess because I don't really "live" on my phone I have plenty of room left and the battery lasts me plenty. If anything the one that I DON'T like about the S7 is the smaller screen.
Honestly, coming from a windows phone (925) these (android) devices aren't that interesting to me (at least not yet). I really just want some decent software for this thing. Really missing my lock screen, notifications, and the Bluetooth/car situation.

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I sold my s6 edge plus for a really good price. Now definitely picking up the s7 edge. Its not huge upgrade but I just didn't wanna lose too much value on my s6.

pete101

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Anyone here consider moving to the s7 edge why and why not? Would like to hear some thoughts

I have s6 edge plus i'd get s7 edge every times bigger battery sd card etc etc the only thing edge plus has is slightly bigger screen size everything else it's worse.

Shame cant trade my edge plus for the s7 edge i only got it for the bigger battery as i needed 3000mah min and 3600mah on s7 edge blows it out the water

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo