04-10-2016 12:38 AM
30 12
tools
    Anyone here consider moving to the s7 edge why and why not? Would like to hear some thoughts

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-01-2016 05:36 PM
    Me too. I held off purchasing the S6 Edge + & am now looking hard at the 7, particularly since it has SD access again.
    skid_ and GPilot750 like this.
    03-02-2016 12:23 AM
    I might wait until the summer and see if samsung pull another phone out in September
    randun likes this.
    03-02-2016 02:51 PM
    I believe s6 edge+ is much more beautiful phone compare to s7 edge!

Posted via my Note5 Silver titanium
    skid_ and randun like this.
    03-02-2016 04:59 PM
    I might wait until the summer and see if samsung pull another phone out in September
    Just curious as to why you would wait. If they did put another phone out, it would probably be a Note upgrade. I really need to update my S4.
    03-02-2016 05:23 PM
    If I upgrade this year, it will either be to the note 6 or to the surface phone, since I already own the surface pro 4.

03-03-2016 07:30 AM
    Just curious as to why you would wait. If they did put another phone out, it would probably be a Note upgrade. I really need to update my S4.
    Because it would reduce the 7 price to something more comfortable to my wallet.
    03-03-2016 08:38 AM
    Is already light on price. For calculation T-mobile edge costs $779 and considering VR with games and netflix price reduces to $779-$150-$100 = $529. That's the best price you can get for a flagship. May be you have to wait for an year to get the new device without additions for this price. But again what good is it without VR which you may have to spend extra to buy it.

03-03-2016 11:49 AM
    I'm not interested in VR I think it needs the next generation of head sets. This first lot will be glitchy and slow on content so another 18mths and it might be worth it.

I can buy the phone for £500 in the UK but I still love the edge+ and I want 6.01 on it as well. So I can hold out until later on.
    03-03-2016 03:06 PM
    VR a joke right now. Can only use them with wifi, cant use data off the phone. Tried to buy movie but they won't download you have to stream. Won't play google play movies tried to put movie on phone as mp4 but video player won't play them only supports samsung video player. Hopefully it will get better I returned them.

03-03-2016 03:51 PM
    I'm not interested in VR I think it needs the next generation of head sets. This first lot will be glitchy and slow on content so another 18mths and it might be worth it.

I can buy the phone for £500 in the UK but I still love the edge+ and I want 6.01 on it as well. So I can hold out until later on.
    Isnt marshmallow already released for the UK?

03-04-2016 04:00 PM
    Yes but ee hasn't released it for edge+ just s6 and edge
    03-04-2016 04:05 PM
    VR a joke right now. Can only use them with wifi, cant use data off the phone. Tried to buy movie but they won't download you have to stream. Won't play google play movies tried to put movie on phone as mp4 but video player won't play them only supports samsung video player. Hopefully it will get better I returned them.

Hi dcmarch I was just curious by what you meant about vr being a joke did you mean the quality of vr or the way the content is accessed?

Thanks

03-05-2016 10:40 AM
    By the way the content is being accessed. I think buuld quality is fine, dont get me wrong they have some great potential. You just can't do alot with them without wifi. I wanted to download movies and watch but it only allows streaming, it says you can download but when you do the video player doesn't recognize them and you can't use a third party player with the vr. They have great potential just not there yet.

03-06-2016 04:23 AM
    I see ok I can see your frustration with that I think it'll probably change over time though

03-06-2016 10:29 AM
    Ah. Very true.
    03-06-2016 01:26 PM
    Is already light on price. For calculation T-mobile edge costs $779 and considering VR with games and netflix price reduces to $779-$150-$100 = $529. That's the best price you can get for a flagship. May be you have to wait for an year to get the new device without additions for this price. But again what good is it without VR which you may have to spend extra to buy it.

But wonder if you don't already have Netflix & are only mildly interested in VR . I'd rather have Gear instead.
    03-06-2016 01:28 PM
    Just got my edge+ in January so not really interested in S7. Yes, it's got a bigger battery and sd card, but I guess because I don't really "live" on my phone I have plenty of room left and the battery lasts me plenty. If anything the one that I DON'T like about the S7 is the smaller screen.
    Honestly, coming from a windows phone (925) these (android) devices aren't that interesting to me (at least not yet). I really just want some decent software for this thing. Really missing my lock screen, notifications, and the Bluetooth/car situation.
    03-08-2016 11:58 AM
    I sold my s6 edge plus for a really good price. Now definitely picking up the s7 edge. Its not huge upgrade but I just didn't wanna lose too much value on my s6.

skid_ likes this.
    03-08-2016 07:50 PM
    Anyone here consider moving to the s7 edge why and why not? Would like to hear some thoughts

I have s6 edge plus i'd get s7 edge every times bigger battery sd card etc etc the only thing edge plus has is slightly bigger screen size everything else it's worse.

Shame cant trade my edge plus for the s7 edge i only got it for the bigger battery as i needed 3000mah min and 3600mah on s7 edge blows it out the water
    03-18-2016 12:17 PM
    I'm actually thinking about going to the S7 (not edge). I really like the S6 edge+ in general, but I feel it is a little bit too big for me. Doesn't really fit well in my pocket. I know that the S7 is a little smaller, but the other reason has to do with the edge screen.

While the edge screen is beautiful, I don't like that you can't really get a good tempered glass screen protector for it (currently have an armor-shield wet application protector, which is nice, but just doesn't feel as good as glass).

I do like the bigger battery of the S7 Edge, but right now, I'm really leaning towards the S7. It has the same size battery as my current S6 edge+, so hopefully should get similar or better battery life.
    03-18-2016 05:52 PM
    I'm actually thinking about going to the S7 (not edge). I really like the S6 edge+ in general, but I feel it is a little bit too big for me. Doesn't really fit well in my pocket. I know that the S7 is a little smaller, but the other reason has to do with the edge screen.

While the edge screen is beautiful, I don't like that you can't really get a good tempered glass screen protector for it (currently have an armor-shield wet application protector, which is nice, but just doesn't feel as good as glass).

I do like the bigger battery of the S7 Edge, but right now, I'm really leaning towards the S7. It has the same size battery as my current S6 edge+, so hopefully should get similar or better battery life.
    I have both the s7 and the s7 edge and both have excellent batteries. The s7 lasts longer than the s6 edge plus. Mind you I have the exynos variant so I can't comment on the s820 one. So far very happy with the s7 edge, I could easily get 6 hours of sot Web browsing.

03-18-2016 06:11 PM
    I have both the s7 and the s7 edge and both have excellent batteries. The s7 lasts longer than the s6 edge plus. Mind you I have the exynos variant so I can't comment on the s820 one. So far very happy with the s7 edge, I could easily get 6 hours of sot Web browsing.

Thanks for letting me know. I just picked up the S7!
    anon(1733) likes this.
    03-19-2016 06:11 PM
    I'm planning on waiting for Samsung's next flagship phone.
    03-20-2016 01:15 AM
    Wait until Note 6 comes out if you have the 6+. Really good specs. Worth the wait for upgrade..

04-04-2016 03:26 PM
30 12