Why can't I sync my S6 Edge (5. 1.1) with my windows 10x PC?

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
This has GOT to have been answered 1000 times before, but I can't find it. Sorry. Until a recent automatic windows update, I would plug my phone into my PC using a USB 2 cable, and there would be my phone in the directory structure of Windows Explorer, listed as a folder. After last night 's windows 10 upgrade, that process doesn't work anymore. Nor has anything else I've tried. Yes, I use Dropbox and iCloud, but I need to empty various data files into external hard drives. I haven't had trouble like this since the early days of Windows Phone, or whatever they called it then.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Now I feel even more stupid. A year ago, when my S6 arrived, I took the cable that came with it, plugged it into the PC, and used it to sync, not removing it between times. Last week, the phone stopped synching but it did continue to charge.

Today, I removed that old cable and plugged in a different, less used one. And voila! Syncing started automatically as usual.

It doesn't make sense to me that a cable would become only partially worn out, but that appears to have been what happened.

Sorry to have bothered everyone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie