I want to Debrand my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge + SM-G928A

thelittleleto

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I own this S6 Edge+ SM-G928A, I wanted to Debrand my mobile so that I can receive the official OTA updates from Samsung moreover I wanna throw the AT&T's crap, however have not found a way on how to do so. I would like to know how to Debrand my mobile.

Thanks,
TheLittleLeto

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Since it's still an AT&T phone (you'd have to modify Android to change that) you'll get your updates from AT&T.

thelittleleto

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
I've heard that I will need to debrand the phone completely and use the stock Android so that I can get OTA by Android, is that correct? If so, let me know how to do it, I really am fed up with AT&T and their OTA, they taking years to upgrade the OS from Lollipop to Marshmallow

thelittleleto

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
But, will root give official unbranded OTAs? Debranding do not void warranty that's for sure as I have debranded S6 Edge but I am unsure how to put on stock android/rom than AT&T ones for s6 edge plus

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you reflash the phone's ROM with another one, you won't get ROM updates at all (unless the ROM's developer updates his ROM). If you want to uninstall apps, and you know which ones not to uninstall, go ahead. But even rooting the ROM (so you can remove unwanted system apps) will prevent it from updating. (The update has no idea why the ROM in the phone isn't the same as the ROM it was designed for, so it stops after a time - without having done any updating - and gives you an error message.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza