Why is only the bottom 1 cm of my screen unresponsive?

bewilderedhorse

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+. Before I ask a question regarding the responsiveness of the screen I should mention that the screen is cracked due to me dropping it. However, the impact/damage is mostly at the top of the screen and the problem I'm about to describe started months after that incident. Moving forward. A few weeks ago, seemingly out of nowhere, the very bottom of the screen lost responsiveness. And when I say bottom I mean it's literally the bottom 1 cm of the screen-the rest of the screen is fine. I've never encountered or heard of this happening and I have no idea what the issue is. Can anyone shed any light on this issue? It would be much appreciated.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well... the visual damage might be along the top... so I assume it landed hard on the top portion of the screen? On impact, there was still plenty of force transmitted down the body of the phone. There could have been stresses on the connections at the opposite end that might not have failed right away. Damage can sometimes take days, weeks or months to manifest themselves in full.

though, it matters little... for what you describe, the only option is most likely a screen replacement, which you would have to do anyhow to get rid of the crack.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have seen it happening... The touchscreen is damaged there (even if the glass is ok).

Since the glass is damaged then unfortunately it won't be covered under warranty

TechReviews1

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
So the damage might be visible along the top but the internal LCD of the phone may be damaged. To get this fixed, I would think you would have to change the LCD however I'm not positive of this. I've seen this type of situation before and it's most commonly fixed by changing the LCD. Hope this helps!