Why does an app barge to the foreground when a notification comes in?

A

AC Question

Folks, I don't know if this is an issue for everyone, or if I can't articulate the question correctly, but I am beyond frustrated - all of a sudden, when working on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+, if an email, SMS or any notification comes in that applications barges in to the foreground and pushes what I am doing to the background. So while I am working on my phone all day and an email is important, I must have the ability to choose when I want to look at that notification,

Am I crazy, is this an issue for anyone else that uses their phones? I am not sure if it is android update or a specific issue to the samsung but would love some help.

Thanks!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean the notification is showing when you don't want it to? Or is the app actually opening? If it's the first, that's head's up notifications and they can be turned off.

psparer

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Do you mean the notification is showing when you don't want it to? Or is the app actually opening? If it's the first, that's head's up notifications and they can be turned off.

The issue is the app opens while I am working somewhere else. For example, let's say I am typing an SMS message when I get an email in my gmail inbox. While I am typing in the SMS, the gmail app just opens to the foreground and I have to switch back to finish the SMS

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie