Why is my screen showing nothing but white static?

A

AC Question

As the title says, my phone (S6 edge+) is displaying nothing but a white screen with static lines going across. It hasn't been dropped or anything, I was using it then half an hour later this happened; now it's been like this all day.
The phone can be turned on and off but other than that it's completely unresponsive. It isn't picked up by my PC when connected via USB either.
Not running any custom ROM, just stock Android 6.0.1.

My local Samsung repair centre have said they can't even look at it for diagnosis as I bought the phone in the US and am now in the UK so my warranty is basically useless.
No one else seems to have had this problem from what I've gathered online, though I'm guessing it may be something with the LCD cable, I have no way of knowing.

Any suggestions as to what this is/how to fix it? Would like some advice from here if possible before I have to pay ridiculous amounts of money for someone to go poking around the insides of it.

Many thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you able to boot into Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-29226. If the same thing happens, then it's probably a hardware problem. You could bring it to an independent repair shop and see if it's a simple matter of a loose connection. But it could also be something more serious (and more expensive). If you're handy, you could search for a YouTube video showing how to open up the phone and check the connections.

Imaan A

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
Hi, thanks for replying
Nope, I am not able to boot into safe mode. Holding down the power key on its own or with any other key combination just makes the screen flash the white static then go off.
I will try opening it up myself to clean the LCD cable and remove the battery.
Any other specific connections you recommend checking?

FayzanZahid

Apr 14, 2018
Visit site
Hey,
Did you find an solution for that? I am facing the same issue, I just want to let you know that somehow i was able to enter the download mode. as soon as i restarted using vol down and power button, it goes back to white static again.
Can you help me here?

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Hey,
Did you find an solution for that? I am facing the same issue, I just want to let you know that somehow i was able to enter the download mode. as soon as i restarted using vol down and power button, it goes back to white static again.
Can you help me here?

Digitizer shot! 250.00 repair

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad