After making me go through an update Facebook cant access my gallery anymore

Verypissedoffguy

Aug 17, 2017
Visit site
I have an Android S6, it kept pushing for an update until I finally clicked on it.

After the update I cant no longer upload pics from my gallery to Facebook.

I can send them via Facebook PMs but not in posts.

When I try to, all the pics appear darkened with an access denied-like symbol.

Could you please help me to solve this? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You're talking about a system update, not a Facebook app update, right? Go to the App Manager, select Facebook, tap Permissions, and make sure it has permission to access your files/photos.

Verypissedoffguy

Aug 17, 2017
Visit site
Hey Diddy, I did and it has all permissions.

This is how it looks like when I try to upload a pic:

http://i.imgur.com/UfpoXsX.png

This doesnt happen in Facebook messenger, only when posting in my wall or a publication.

Also there is something wierd, if I download an image or I shuffle an old image through my gallery, like mlving folders for example, it appears and I can upload it.

But only recently saved images or images I recently moved.

The rest appear as displayed in the pic.

Also if I turn off my phone and on again, even the images I just downloaded become unavailable too.

It seems it recognize images I downloaded recently, until the phone restarts, once it restarts I cant upload anything previous to the restart unless I move said previous image around my gallery, edit it, etc.

This seems to be related to the fact that when posting through the FB messenger it allows me to navigate through my gallery folders, while if I want to post a pic in a wall or publication it combines all images in my gsllery from the newest to the oldest.

Whatever the case, I didnt had this problem prior to the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax