Root gone wrong

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Hey ppl, i tried to root my s6 edge a few days ago and it went horribly wrong ... it is stuck in odin mode.. i am wishing to put standard firmware back on but smart switch wont recognise my device !!!
Does anyone have a solution to my trouble ????

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Download Samsung Kies now and you should be able to restore the phone. It will ask for the model # and serial # so make sure you have those. You can try and root once again after you restore. Don't give up rooting. You will get it done. I had to try a few times when I first rooted a phone.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Kies wont recognise my phone either !!!

Try rebooting the phone by holding the volume down button and the power button at the same time. After several seconds it will reboot right back into odin or download mode. See if Kies will see it then.

Kies really won't do anything on it's own till you select an option from the menu at the top. Don't worry about it so much not recognizing the phone once you reboot.

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Who's your carrier?
I am in australia and on boost mobile

The problem was mine in the end ... the serial number on the box was different to the number on the phone which i couldnt see due to poor eye sight .... after putting in the right number i followed the step above .... lost some stuff but i should get that back in time !!!

Thank you nexus for you patience !!!!