how do i unroot my s6 edge

A

AC Question

hi guys. i bought an s6 edge(SM-G925F),lollipop, from a guy like a week ago. and its rooted.so i want to update it to marshmallow and to get that i have to unroot it. i tried to do it using odin 3.10.6 and i downloaded the stock firmware two times from two different websites. odin failed both times.with the first firmware, it gave me an open serial com port error and with the second firmware,it gave me a NAND write start fail. what should i do?
1-should i flash marshmallow?will it unroot my s6 edge?
2-should i just try with odin(it tried like 5 times)?
3-is there any way i can unroot it with supersu?(it was rooted through odin)
i tried smartswitch too but it just doesnt show me the updates.
please help!!
i got to know of the odin method from this site: androidrootz
btw i am from pakistan and can you tell me if my sims would work in the like usa or uk firmware. would installing some else country firmware fix the problem?
thanks

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you don't have the right firmware for your device. Ensure its a G925F and not another model # (variant of edge) you can find that info under about phone in settings.

mirsab

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
no it is SM-G925F

Sounds like you don't have the right firmware for your device. Ensure its a G925F and not another model # (variant of edge) you can find that info under about phone in settings.

i have checked it and its the same

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how can i unroot my s6 edge

Merged duplicate threads and moved to the S6 edge Rooting forum.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
hi guys. i bought an s6 edge(SM-G925F),lollipop, from a guy like a week ago. and its rooted.so i want to update it to marshmallow and to get that i have to unroot it. i tried to do it using odin 3.10.6 and i downloaded the stock firmware two times from two different websites. odin failed both times.with the first firmware, it gave me an open serial com port error and with the second firmware,it gave me a NAND write start fail. what should i do?
1-should i flash marshmallow?will it unroot my s6 edge?
2-should i just try with odin(it tried like 5 times)?
3-is there any way i can unroot it with supersu?(it was rooted through odin)
i tried smartswitch too but it just doesnt show me the updates.
please help!!
i got to know of the odin method from this site: androidrootz
btw i am from pakistan and can you tell me if my sims would work in the like usa or uk firmware. would installing some else country firmware fix the problem?
thanks

Give this guide below a try, it will reset the phone back to factory after it downloads a fresh copy of the OS from Samsung.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...amsung-emergency-recovering-samsung-kies.html

Tobym1982

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
If ur unrooting then u need the last up date u had best thing fo to 5.1 and sonce its unrooted it will update all the up to nougat, if u flash 5.1 u can upgrade then if u want to go back to 5.1 u can as if u were to juat flash the 6.0 u wont be able to go back any futher after that amd my s6 flat the keyboard is in a miiror affect from goung back after flashing just the 6.0

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn