What a disappointment. Maybe the S6 active will have what I want. Otherwise I may have to upgrade my S4 to a S5 or go with another provider.
    SammyShampioni likes this.
    03-02-2015 11:24 PM
    i don't think there will be any active version of s6,maybe a mini ,maybe not (now that they have the A series...)
    03-03-2015 02:00 AM
    What a disappointment. Maybe the S6 active will have what I want. Otherwise I may have to upgrade my S4 to a S5 or go with another provider.
    Yeah but what other manufacturer offers those things??? Nothing else is worth getting in my mind. Just gonna have to suck it up I guess. I'll wait to see what Sony releases.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-03-2015 06:09 AM

Good for you but I'm definitely buying the edge.
    03-03-2015 05:34 PM
    It's better than none.
    03-03-2015 06:11 PM
    Battery. TBH, I bought the Extra Battery Kits for the S & Note series and used it 2-3 when I went to Las Vegas.

microSD. Now that I have an LTE iPad Air 2 I don't really need to use my phone like an "iPod."

Yes, I have not problems giving these up for PREMIUM BUILD especially now that I NO LONGER USE CASES. I guess being a Mac user, I got used to it back when I only used iPhones.
    03-04-2015 12:54 AM
    Barely use my 64 GB SD card as it is, and I had a turbo and didn't care about the battery. Sure I had a backup battery for my a note 4, but it wasn't a necessity.
    03-04-2015 02:44 AM
    I'm OK with the lack of a replaceable battery. I never replaced the battery in my Droid X, iPhone 5, and now S5 (until recently due to Android 5.0.0). I would rather have a thinner phone with a more customized battery that lasts just as long or even longer. I'm fine with that.

The lack of an SD card is unforgivable to me. It's more about being able to carry around all of my content but rather the price. Right now a 128GB microSDXC card can be purchased for $70. The base S6/S6 Edge is going to cost $200 on contract and likely go up to $400 for the 128GB model. That's all fine and dandy but, when you can buy the base 32GB model for $200 and have the possibility of spending only an additional $70 to upgrade it to 160GB of totoal storage, how does that even compare to spending twice as much? It's ridiculous. I know the advantages of using only the built-in storage. It's often more reliable and it's faster. However, SD cards are plenty fest for media storage and consumption. I can easily play a 4K 60fps h.264 video off of my 128GB microSDXC card using my S5 (and the one in my Surface Pro 2). That's more than fast enough for media consumption.

That's more of my issue with not having an SD card slot. It's not about me using all of the space (though I am on my last 10GB of my 128GB card, I am looking forward to the 200GB card coming out) but rather the costs of upgrading to a phone with 128GB of internal storage. Apple, Motorola, Google, and now Samsung all use this method. LG used to with the G2 but they haven't with the Flex 2 and G3, hopefully they won't with the G4. I also hope that Samsung doesn't do the same thing to the Note series, I can't imagine the cost of buying a Note 5 with 128GB of built-in storage. I like having both of my legs, arms, and kidneys thank you very much.
    ollihandro likes this.
    03-04-2015 05:56 AM
    I personally don't use SD cards .. just didn't ever really need to.

Removal-able battery - I did use a lot .. a 30 second swap to full is nice but .. There are many ways around it. It was never a "need" feature for me .. it was just convenient.
    03-04-2015 05:09 PM
    Hey let's start ANOTHER thread in the S6 forums to announce we aren't going to be using Samsung anymore....
    There is only 75 more threads about this same thing.

No One Cares, for everyone that's Not buying one, there's someone else who will.
    Samsung isn't going to miss anyone. An off and on iPhone user, me, will replace you and be perfectly happy.

I am using a iPhone 6+ and was waiting for this device to see if I wanted to go back to android.
    This phone is awesome. I am selling the iPhone and buying the 6S Edge 64GB.
    03-04-2015 05:57 PM
    Honestly I think the whole replaceable battery/no sd card thing is a bit overblown. I would venture 95% of people are fine with it.
    mayconvert, TebTeb and deeb215 like this.
    03-04-2015 06:16 PM
    It's amazing. Regardless of the GS6 variant, there are whiners coming out of the woodwork. If neither variant meets your needs, buy another device that does. It's the height of hubris to expect to comment that Samsung missed the boat by making design choices that are contrary to Samsung responding to growing input from their customers and differentiating themselves from their competition so they can placate a design choice that those that can't adapt want.

I used to be in the expandable storage crowd. I only bought a 64GB card because onboard storage started at 16GB and I still haven't filled. I have never swapped out batteries even when traveling for business. Unlike others, I am waiting for more detailed reviews and eventually trying both variants for myself. It makes sense that some design choices had to be made to bring world class features and materials to bear. Dual wireless charging and NFC/MST for mobile payments. Better camera with auto HD and improved low light functionally. More efficient and powerful chipsets. More RAM. Premium build materials. Rapid charging. Slimmed down TouchWiz. Yup. Samsung really missed the boat and stuck it to a shrinking market segment.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    ollihandro and Wildo6882 like this.
    03-04-2015 06:27 PM
    its not a deal breaker for me, but an SD card support could made the Galaxy S6 the best phone this year
    03-04-2015 10:56 PM
    MicroSD is not something I will miss at all, IF, that means we are getting the 128GB S6 Edge in the US, otherwise if they do their usual screw the customer routine and offer 32/64 than I am much less likely to get one period.

I left Android for one major reason and it wasn't software updates, it was the available internal storage, getting 16GB phone (S5) with 10GB of useable space is a joke, getting a 32GB phone with 20-23GB is not much better. If we get the 128GB I will be thrilled and back on Android with a 6S6 Edge. Until then my iPhone 6 Plus does the job.

Sealed battery, not an issue, I always bought the battery pack and charger kit, you know when they actually ship 3 months after the phone launches and I rarely used them. Given the rapid charging ability of the S6/S6 Edge I don't see running low as an issue. I was concerned about long term battery life and how it its not user serviceable, but lets face it I won't have this phone in 6-12 months, I will likely look at the Note 5, then onto the Galaxy S7.
    03-05-2015 07:45 PM
    Cloud storage and data streaming are great alternatives to expandable storage but that ship has sailed. I don't know why we're beating a dead horse. If you don't like improved materials, performance and functionality as well as resulting better battery performance as a great trade off, then get another device that makes you happy and vote with your wallet. I rather discuss anything else but continuing to hear from those who bemoan their loss and reluctance to embrace change.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    03-05-2015 08:53 PM
    With the speed of the charging removable really isn't a big issue
    03-06-2015 04:03 AM
    Here's what i think if people plan to keep their phones longer then 3-4 yrs than yes i think those 2 options (removable battery and micro sd) are really important. However let's be honest here people are almost changing their phones for every year or 2. Technology for phones are getting better and better every year. People nowadays are more interested in how fast the phones are, the looks\design, and finally the camera. I think those 3 things are a major factor why people keep upgrading. So personally i don't think it matters anymore. However the pricing between the storage size are ridiculous once they get cheaper there's no doubt people will be buying them like crazy!
    03-06-2015 11:12 AM
    Here's what i think if people plan to keep their phones longer then 3-4 yrs than yes i think those 2 options (removable battery and micro sd) are really important. However let's be honest here people are almost changing their phones for every year or 2. Technology for phones are getting better and better every year. People nowadays are more interested in how fast the phones are, the looks\design, and finally the camera. I think those 3 things are a major factor why people keep upgrading. So personally i don't think it matters anymore. However the pricing between the storage size are ridiculous once they get cheaper there's no doubt people will be buying them like crazy!
    So true. I have to say, I'm one of the few waiting for the price to go down before jumping into the bandwagon.
    03-06-2015 11:18 AM
    Not so fast, you can take your phone into an authorized repair center and get the battery swapped out properly once it starts to degrade (just like an iphone) so really its not that big of an issue unless you cannot get it serviced at all. For me I swap out about every 6 months (or less) but would like to get to a year so I would be find with the battery being sealed. The only downside is Samsung pulls a 180 and goes plastic next year.
    03-08-2015 09:05 PM
    Well for one thing if there was any battery issue most likely it will happen within a few months and it's covered warranty with Samsung\cell provider. Also there's so many battery packs nowdays yes they are a big and cumbersome but really it's not a big deal. Most of the time people will go to places that has an outlet with the fast charging adapter that will get you going pretty quickly. The thing is not everyone are heavy users. Most people are moderate users themselves they rarely play games which kills your battery pretty quickly. I'm currently using a note 4 for 6 months I love my battery i get roughly about 2 full days of use. My wifi is always on, bluetooth is always on, i take photos, a lot of social apps, email etc.... I have yet to use an external battery pack. I have considered getting a bigger battery however that means i would need to sacrifice my phone making it thicker. I did that once on my S4 because the battery stunk but i didn't have a choice so i added the thicker battery with more battery life however i was not satisfied with how big it got lol. Anyways my point is every user is different not everyone wants to replace the battery in between or carry one with them all the time. But for me the Technology side is more important like I mention i rather have a better improved camera at any time over battery swapping and the S6/Edge offers that who knows the next model will be even better. If my current note 4 had the same camera i'll be satisfied and will keep it for a while but in this case it's not I guess we'll never going to be happy until there's a perfect phone. With the way they keep improving their phones each and everyday there will never be a perfect phone. So that's why people will always change their phone every year or 2 just cause it in our human nature to always want something better and looks good.
    03-09-2015 07:35 AM
    Mophie Battery Case, take it when you plan to be gone all day and doing a lot of battery use and leave it home when you aren't and want the slim and sleek look. I will likely get both, but I wish Mophie would post pics of what its going to look like, then again their cases ALL look alike.
    03-11-2015 07:13 PM
    I have one of these -- pretty nice to have . Not too bad on price either.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU4282671
    03-13-2015 11:02 AM
    Still glad I went from an S4 to a Note. Build quality is excellent and the phone feels like the premium device that it is.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T
    03-13-2015 02:39 PM
    Samsung just lost my business as well. I go through two full batteries a day and am usually not near an outlet to charge. Why would I want to carry around a giant charging pack instead of a tiny battery just so my phone can be infinitesimally thinner? I really don't understand why everyone is in a race to remove features rather than adding them.
    vasekvi and SammyShampioni like this.
    03-25-2015 10:21 PM