Since the S6 and S6 edge are essentially the same phone internally with the only difference being the screen would it make more sense to combine the forums into an S6/S6 Edge forum? Just wondering? I know I am planning on getting the edge but the vast majority of the discussions on S6 related things are on the S6 forum and not the edge forum.
    Alex_NJ likes this.
    03-09-2015 10:55 AM
    Not really. Even though the internals are almost the same, the software is bound to be different (not radically, of course). It's these differences that make it possible that issues with the S6 Edge will not apply to the S6 and viceversa. Same thing for tips and tricks.
    03-09-2015 11:05 AM
    Not really. Even though the internals are almost the same, the software is bound to be different (not radically, of course). It's these differences that make it possible that issues with the S6 Edge will not apply to the S6 and viceversa. Same thing for tips and tricks.
    Cool. Thanks for the fast reply!
    03-09-2015 11:11 AM
    But I do want to see what special features make the S6 Edge compelling, if at all. So far there are more 'cons' to ME than 'pros'.
    03-09-2015 11:35 AM
    But I do want to see what special features make the S6 Edge compelling, if at all. So far there are more 'cons' to ME than 'pros'.
    Which "cons" are you referring to? I've only seen the "pros" of a slightly larger battery, edge-type notifications and alerts, overall look & feel of the device in your hand and the obvious "wow" factor of the curved edges themselves.
    03-09-2015 12:42 PM
    Again, these are 'cons' for ME, not something I've seen on reviews.
    Curved Screen. Yup. A con for me. Why? A bunch of things. Have you seen the pics on all those previews? Well, unlike the Note Edge, this thing does stretch the entire screen to the edges. But that also creates a pretty much constant vertical reflection on both sides. And that cuts off your screen visibility. See how that thing curves on the sides? Cool, huh? Try looking at games or movies or general usage and then noticing that you screen is suddenly bending at the sides. Dropped your phone? Guess where it lands? Yup, on bent glass (I don't care how durable they claim it is, not something I'd like to try). Oh, let's get a nice case to protect it! Good luck not covering those sexy bends. Those fancy side notification animations? WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD SET THEIR PHONE WITH THE SCREEN TO THE TABLE??!! (Unless you're in a business meeting, then I'd get that). Grab the phone, feel those sexy curves. Wait, what? Feel them? That means that when you're holding your phone you're touching the screen? Accidental touch input comes to mind.

Again, I've not used this phone and maybe a lot of this would change once I try it for real, or maybe I'll just find even more stuff... I don't know :P
    03-09-2015 01:13 PM
    There seem to be a lot more S6 Edge post/comments in the regular S6 thread so in my opinion the differences are NOT significan enough to warrant a second forum. We are losing the cohesive nature of the S6 conversation and there are far more common traits than there are different ones especially on the software, Edge gets the notification and SDK support. That seems to be about it.
    03-11-2015 07:07 PM
    Still two different devices. Trust me, once their out into people's hands, you'll see what I mean.
    sparker04 likes this.
    03-12-2015 10:17 AM
    Even just the physical differences are enough, the form factor is different, the software build is going to be quite different. It's an S6 variant, but it's definitely a different device. Same with the S6 Active when it comes out, and that was always treated as a different device.
    03-12-2015 06:44 PM
    Bottom line is AC will do what it wants, regardless of user input. The majority of the conversation will be had in the main S6 thread as it already has begun to do. So I guess you will have to constantly move threads around.
    03-12-2015 07:26 PM
    Still two different devices. Trust me, once their out into people's hands, you'll see what I mean.
    I agree with the OP. I think the two should be combined. They are both a Galaxy S6 and neither are different enough to constitute 2 separate forums.
    It's like saying the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ are too different to be in the same forum because the 6+ has a higher res screen and OIS.
    The differences are so minimal that everyone is just posting in the S6 forum while this one goes widely unused.
    When I think of an S6, I think S6 and S6 edge version which are exactly the same phone with the exception of edge notifications.
    That is not enough to make two separate forums. Getting them into peoples hands wont change the fact they are both a galaxy S6 and you will still see 90% of posts under S6 because no one is using the Edge forum much.
    I post nearly everything in the S6 forum myself because I noticed no one cares about a dedicated Edge forum.
    03-12-2015 10:06 PM
    I agree with the OP. I think the two should be combined. They are both a Galaxy S6 and neither are different enough to constitute 2 separate forums.
    It's like saying the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ are too different to be in the same forum because the 6+ has a higher res screen and OIS.
    The differences are so minimal that everyone is just posting in the S6 forum while this one goes widely unused.
    When I think of an S6, I think S6 and S6 edge version which are exactly the same phone with the exception of edge notifications.
    That is not enough to make two separate forums. Getting them into peoples hands wont change the fact they are both a galaxy S6 and you will still see 90% of posts under S6 because no one is using the Edge forum much.
    I post nearly everything in the S6 forum myself because I noticed no one cares about a dedicated Edge forum.
    The iPhone 6 and 6+ do have different forums on imore
    SpookDroid and sparker04 like this.
    03-13-2015 02:53 AM