Pricing of S6E/No contract

conch88f

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys

Long time lurker, first time poster. What's the best value price wise for the S6 edge? Currently, I have a Nexus 5 and love the pure android but I'm looking for something new and I can't resist the pure beauty of the s6 edge 😍. Looks even better in person.

That said, I bought my n5 off contract and therefore was able to get a decent discount (I think it's 25 less/device) through att through their byod program. Got my mom the moto E and sister the OG moto X. I like the flexibility of not being tied to a contract but would consider moving if the all in cost after 2 years was better (service, phone). Just hard to justify when the price of a 64G S6 edge off contract is $900! What is the best way to go when getting this device?

Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Remember that devices are no longer subsidized for the most part, unless you're signing a two-year agreement. Even when buying outright, the price ends up being the same as getting it financed by the carrier (not subsidized). At launch, you'll see the best value with the promos sellers include, like T-Mo's 1 year of Netflix or BestBuy's free wireless charging pad. But if you wait a couple months, then prices begin to drop a bit (although with this model I don't expect it to go down at least until the next Note is announced) or you get more promos like no down payments and such.

Here's a list of the current prices and payment schemes per carrier. Buying factory-unlocked is definitely the most expensive one right now. (I believe the Amazon pre-orders start at 1000 for the 32GB S6).
Here's where you can buy the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge | Android Central

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm