Below is a quote that has persuaded me to POSSIBLY go with an S6 rather than the Edge. Because I read/text a lot on my phone, this poster claims that it can be difficult to read with light coming through those curved edges.
    Any of you have any reading or holding problems like he speaks about?
    Thanks.
    I got to use both device for a day and my impression of the S6 Edge isn't good. The reason being if you spend a lot of time reading on your phone you will have to deal with shadowing on both edges and light refraction from strong room or natural lighting.
    Normally you can shift the angle of your device to compensate, but not on the Edge. Battery life isn't horrible but not great, if you are a power user you will not get a full day of usage.
    Also, the Edge isn't that comfortable to hold, even using my Spigen case. It also has more of a polished edge like the Note 4 that is prone to scratching. The Standard S6 has a very small polished edge that will hold up better over time.
    The Edge features are not worth the sacrafice of screen quality and usability. The glowing feature is cool and quick contacts access, but again if you use your device for reading you will not like the trade off.
    I will probably keep the Standard S6, but really hoping battery life will improve with updates.
    Cameras on both units are slightly better than the Note 4, in low light, but same quality in standard lighting.
    I have abut 2 hours left with the devices before I need to turn in the Edge model.
    04-02-2015 09:06 PM
    That is disappointing. I have mine on order, mostly due to the lack of S6 128GB models but I have time to rethink and cancel IF i need to.
    04-02-2015 09:21 PM
    That is disappointing. I have mine on order, mostly due to the lack of S6 128GB models but I have time to rethink and cancel IF i need to.
    But that was just one person's opinion. That's why I wanted to get the word from some other Edge owners.
    Raptor007 likes this.
    04-02-2015 09:27 PM
    Here's another take on the reading on the Edge.
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge: A Quirk That Doesn't Really Work
    04-02-2015 09:32 PM
    The S6E looks cool. I think my Note Edge looks sliq and has a bit more utility and potential. ...but the S6E looks cool.

📐♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒🍫
    04-02-2015 10:17 PM
    I've owned the S6 edge since Monday and have to say that the edge screen is one of the best features of the phone. It looks absolutely magical and reading is 100% fine for me. I've never seen anything like it.

It needs a case, but with a Spigen on now, it holds in my hands beautifully and just looks magnificent. Some of the edges of any picture/text going around the screen (a small amount) has a dramatic, beautiful effect on everything. And it's pretty rare that text goes off to the 'edge' since it's usually offset a tad.

No way I would trade my edge for a standard S6, but it's all personal preference.
    04-02-2015 10:33 PM
    Hi. I've had the edge since Monday. I do a lot of reading on my phone as well. Depending on the source, the text might run into the edge just a teensy bit, and have a slight color shift where the white looks a bit shadowed. It's minor. It doesn't make it hard to read, but it is noticeable. I do a lot of reading on Play Newstand, and the text is centered on the screen and not near the edge at all. But on Flipboard, the text is more to the left, and I notice the color shift a bit. Reflection on the screen hasn't been a huge problem for me yet, but light does reflect differently off this screen due to the curves. It tends to catch right along the edge of the edge, if that makes sense. For me, this is minor stuff, and the display is so gorgeous, and the curves make it pop in such an unusual way, that I am wowed every time I use my phone. I'm not using a case, and I have to say that the phone is definitely not very comfortable in the hand, especially after you've been holding it a while. The metal frame is narrow along the sides and protrudes from the glass, so the phone doesn't feel smooth in the hand. It's a definite trade off, no doubt about it. For me, it's worth it. the curved screen is just stunning, and makes the display look richer/deeper somehow. You just have to ask yourself, how important is comfort to you? My hubby has the note 4, which has somewhat sharp, not super comfortable edges, and he wouldn't part with that phone for anything. If you're excited about the edge because of the phone and its display is truly unique and dazzling (it really is), then I say just go for it.
    Techno-guy likes this.
    04-03-2015 09:06 AM
    I showed someone my Note Edge and Note 4 today at the office. After she got over the issue of me having two spectacular phones she was just awed by the display of the Note Edge. When I pulled out its S-Pen to remind and demo to her that it is still the premier NOTE product she nearly-near had a full fledge ***gasm right there. It was really entertaining to watch and listen to (would have made an excellent YouTube video too).

Yeah, I guess the Note Edge is all that and then some...I've just come to take it for granted.
    04-03-2015 03:58 PM
    That can be an issue for sure, have two high end phones at the same time, but nothing too horrible. I look forward to seeing what the Note 5/Edge models look like this fall, it may be worth to upgrade then.
    04-03-2015 04:36 PM