Scrolling lag with browser/chrome, facebook, twitter, and play store

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
I just got my s6 edge today! Couldn't be any happier with the build quality and the fluidity that is now touchwiz. But something just does not seem right while using apps that require scrolling up or down. EX: Facebook, Twitter, Play Store and especially the browser. Is anyone else experiencing these issues. Just to note Im on TMobile and am experiencing these after an uodate and factory reset after the update.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I just got my s6 edge today! Couldn't be any happier with the build quality and the fluidity that is now touchwiz. But something just does not seem right while using apps that require scrolling up or down. EX: Facebook, Twitter, Play Store and especially the browser. Is anyone else experiencing these issues. Just to note Im on TMobile and am experiencing these after an uodate and factory reset after the update.

Agreed...have had my S6 edge since Monday and scrolling is an issue for me, even though I really love the phone and what Samsung did here. It's just not fluid like I was used to on my iPhone 6 Plus. Scrolling doesn't have good momentum and seems choppy with some starts, stops and lags. I'm really hoping this is one of a few critical pre-release bugs that can be corrected with a quick release software patch because if this (and battery life with that ridiculous Cell Standby drain) can be worked out, this will be one fantastic phone.

That said, I (rightfully) have high expectations for a $1000 phone that it's done right out of the gate and there are definitely some issues with my S6 that need very quick attention. You've got to think that Samsung's engineers are seeing the same non-fluid scrolling that us customers are.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Can you disable the McAfee Antivirus app and the other one that was supposed to come pre-installed? I don't remember the name but it was supposed to be running all the time trying to optimize the device.

See if you can disable them, restart your phone and try to see if it helps.

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Adding in my comments here. I love this device I really do but yes scrolling is just unbelievably bad. It's almost embarrassing. I've had to actually stop scrolling sometimes in fear of locking up the device.

Tried out both Chrome and the stock browser. Both exibit this behavior

Posted via the Android Central App

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
ugh. you guys are scaring me. so excited about my preorder unit getting here but my "old" note 4 does not have any of these issues. Almost considering cancelling and waiting till later.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Adding in my comments here. I love this device I really do but yes scrolling is just unbelievably bad. It's almost embarrassing. I've had to actually stop scrolling sometimes in fear of locking up the device.

Tried out both Chrome and the stock browser. Both exibit this behavior

Can you check about disabling the apps I mentioned above?

Also, when you mention that scrolling is bad, All the pages or pages like this one, Android central forums?, I'm asking because my Galaxy Tab S 10.5 is almost a perfect Tablet BUT it has scrolling issues in this forum and XDA, maybe a couple of other pages, the only browser I have tried that doesn't show this so bad is the Dolphin Browser.

I think I read when I bought lit last summer that it was related to the Exynos chip and the way it handles the javascripts and other applets, I think that in order to run it smooth I needed to disable those and I think I did it and it worked great, but then something was missing doing that and I decided to put it back and deal with it.

Now, if the S6 indeed has the same issue then something's wrong with the Exynos chips and whatever it is, it hasn't been fixed.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Can you try disabling Java scripts in Chrome (Settings-site settings) and then try again to see if you see the same while browsing.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Yikes. I'll be following this thread carefully before I upgrade. Sexiness aside, I'd hate to take a step backwards in functionality.
Thanks for ya'lls posts.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yikes. I'll be following this thread carefully before I upgrade. Sexiness aside, I'd hate to take a step backwards in functionality.
Thanks for ya'lls posts.

What I'm trying to see if it's the known issue that in the Galaxy Tabs, if it is, then we can definitely report it and wait for a fix so we can put back all features we want and expect to work as it should.

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Dudes. It's 100% THE java thing.

Turned it off and scrolling is beautiful

I guess that doesn't fix the underlying issue with the chip though does it ? I mean don't we need Java for certain things.

Also I don't know If that will fix certain apps like Facebook. I don't use Facebook

Ask me to do more tests I'll do them

Browser loads SUPER fast and smooth now with java off.

hellar89

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

I guess that doesn't fix the underlying issue with the chip though does it ? I mean don't we need Java for certain things.

Also I don't know If that will fix certain apps like Facebook. I don't use Facebook

turning off java is just a setting things? excuse my ignorance

and yea id like to see more testing. what else it effects. it could be a quick fix till a software update

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Yep, it seems that whatever it is causing it hasnt been fixed yet, this must be reported to Samsung and somehow force then to take a look at it

About the other possible lag I insist to anybody that may be suffering from it, to disable the Mcafee antivirus and the other app that was bloated to both S6 and Edge, I don't remember the name but none of them are needed on any Android device but it surely make complete sense that maybe causing random lags and stutter.

One last thing remembered is that since Lollipop, now by default the device is encrypted and it was proved that this was causing some stuttering and lag to devices that came with it. The ones that were updated to Lollipop doesn't show this because in order for it to get encrypted you must reset to factory default, then when it reset it encrypts the device first and then let you set it again. Look about it, what I don't really know is what was the solution if any, but Google saw the issue and decided to make it optional, but I think that it began with 5.1 and we are at 5.02.

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
I haven't noticed anything like this at all. I just tried disabling java and re-enabling and couldn't tell any difference. Just an FYI, this issue is not universal. My problem is it gets warm/hot. I might send it back and get another one...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't the S6 already have a system update being pushed by Samsung? Have you all already downloaded it? Maybe it addresses this issue.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Hit twitter with #GalaxyS6LAG and maybe the will pay attention. I don't do tons of web on my phone, I use my tablet more for that but still its disappointing that Samsung (and likely others) have not addressed this issue.

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I haven't noticed anything like this at all. I just tried disabling java and re-enabling and couldn't tell any difference. Just an FYI, this issue is not universal. My problem is it gets warm/hot. I might send it back and get another one...

Go to the android central website with your stock or chrome browser and java turned ON. Try to load up the S6 review. Watch how long it takes.

Then scroll through the page. It's insane bad

then turn it OFF. You will see a very huge difference

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae