Anyone out there with an Edge finding it gets very warm/hot?

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Hey there, I've had my Edge since Monday. It seems like it gets warm pretty quick, which I can accept given that it's glass and metal. Once in a while though, it gets downright hot. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm debating if this is just the way the phone is or if there's something wrong with mine. I would consider myself a pretty light user in general. The "hot" thing only happens when doing something like downloading an app or browsing the web, but not every time. Thoughts?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My S6 does if I stress LTE to the max (such as Speed tests over and over). It gets hot but can cool down just as quickly if I stop stressing that.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey there, I've had my Edge since Monday. It seems like it gets warm pretty quick, which I can accept given that it's glass and metal. Once in a while though, it gets downright hot. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm debating if this is just the way the phone is or if there's something wrong with mine. I would consider myself a pretty light user in general. The "hot" thing only happens when doing something like downloading an app or browsing the web, but not every time. Thoughts?

Can you check if you have the flash on all the time? There are some people reporting a bug where the flash is on all the time, is not a bright light but if you pay close attention you can see it on, not so visible during the day. But this will cause your phone to get warm /hot plus great battery drain.

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, no flash, but thanks for the suggestion. Mine is getting quite warm right now and all I did was go onto facebook. The metal gets uncomfortable

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
All modern smartphones get warm these days, besides lithium batteries (check youtube for lithium battery explosions) and the fact they are getting smaller and smaller its no wonder they get warm quickly.

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
All modern smartphones get warm these days, besides lithium batteries (check youtube for lithium battery explosions) and the fact they are getting smaller and smaller its no wonder they get warm quickly.

OK, but the S5 did not get warm or hot, like, ever. So I am finding this pretty weird, and I am surprised no one is talking about it.

Novaprime

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I had a 'hot phone' problem with the S4. It used to heat up to uncomfortable levels. So I did what Stargate suggested to you and exchanged it. No more problems. So I would assume even though its two generations ahead it could be a 'lemon'. It will get warm, mind you. But if its hot to uncomfortable levels there could be a problem.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Stop over to Lowes or Home Depot and test out one of those devices that can read temperature on objects. See what its showing ag. But if its uncomfortably warm you have time, get it replaced.

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks everybody. It's still getting uncomfortably warm once a day or so. So I decided to just get it replaced. I'll let you all know if the new one is any better. Hopefully I'll have it tomorrow.

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,

So long story short, I did send it back and got a brand new one. I am astonished at the difference, and I am so so glad I got it exchanged. While the new one did get quite toasty during set up, it stays pretty cool most of the time. Thanks all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty