External Battery w/Quick Charge for S6/S6 Edge: Note - S6 is not Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 compatible

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I now realize that the S6/S6 Edge are NOT compatible with Qualcomm's Quick Charge 2.0.

that said, samsung has its own quick charge technology.

well then, which external battery is Samsung's Quick Charge compatible? there seems to be literally nothing written about this, right? i don't know of a single external battery that states it is Samsung Quick Charge technology compatible.

hope someone knows on this forum.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A 5 Volt battery (which all of them are) isn't going to give you a quick charge, so none of them are. You need 9 Volts to quick charge using Samsung's method. Give iit time and companies like Anker will probably come out with special packs for Samsung.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that the Anker one supports quick charge 2.0. From what I can tell it supports 9/12v on the multi voltage port only. It doesn't explicitly state that it supports qc 2.0

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that the Anker one supports quick charge 2.0. From what I can tell it supports 9/12v on the multi voltage port only. It doesn't explicitly state that it supports qc 2.0

well, whether the Anker supports Qualcomm quick charge 2.0 or not doesn't really matter to the S6/S6 edge --

the 2 new samsungs are NOT Qualcomm quick charge 2.0 compatible.

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Um.... My s6 edge charges fine with the nexus 6 moto quick charger. Even says "fast changing" on the screen when plugged until it. Comparatively, it says just charging when plugged into a traditional moto X charger.

Posted via the Android Central App

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Um.... My s6 edge charges fine with the nexus 6 moto quick charger. Even says "fast changing" on the screen when plugged until it. Comparatively, it says just charging when plugged into a traditional moto X charger.

Posted via the Android Central App

Can you tell me roughly how long it takes you to charge from 0-100 with your quick charge 2.0 charger (not the one that came with the s6)? Does it charge the same speed as the one that comes with the S6?

I'm not really sure what all these people are talking about 9v. All the chargers people are posting have ports that output 9v but they are not USB ports so they wont charge your phone. It looks like they are the "laptop" like ports, which I'm assuming that is what they are used for.

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Can you tell me roughly how long it takes you to charge from 0-100 with your quick charge 2.0 charger (not the one that came with the s6)? Does it charge the same speed as the one that comes with the S6?

I'm not really sure what all these people are talking about 9v. All the chargers people are posting have ports that output 9v but they are not USB ports so they wont charge your phone. It looks like they are the "laptop" like ports, which I'm assuming that is what they are used for.
Same speed between the moto quick charger and Samsung fast charger.

I tested this weekend before ordered a quick charger 2.0 for my car.

It may be called two different things, but the tech is the same. The charge just outputs at a higher rate. It's the chip that recognizes it and utilizes it it appears.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Same speed between the moto quick charger and Samsung fast charger.

I tested this weekend before ordered a quick charger 2.0 for my car.

It may be called two different things, but the tech is the same. The charge just outputs at a higher rate. It's the chip that recognizes it and utilizes it it appears.

Thanks. Happy to hear that since it will give us more options as far as accessories.

Separate question that you may or may not know the answer to. If I got something like this, would it charge as fast as something that is branded Qualcomm 2.0? It says it can deliver up to 3 amps per port but I don't know if that's enough or how that correlates. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N2T7U90...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4335649

Or am I safer getting something like this that is branded as Quick Charge 2.0 certified?
Amazon.com: Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 10000mAh Portable External Battery Fast Charger (16.2W / 5V 9V 12V Supported, Quick Input and Output) - Silver: Cell Phones & Accessories

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I am honestly not sure. Sorry I can't be of more help. I would think it is a voltage/amp thing, and how the charge is delivered.

I do know that in order to quick charge, with either technology, you have to have a USB cable that is data transfer capable.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Happy to hear that since it will give us more options as far as accessories.

Separate question that you may or may not know the answer to. If I got something like this, would it charge as fast as something that is branded Qualcomm 2.0? It says it can deliver up to 3 amps per port but I don't know if that's enough or how that correlates. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N2T7U90...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4335693

Or am I safer getting something like this that is branded as Quick Charge 2.0 certified?
Amazon.com: Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 10000mAh Portable External Battery Fast Charger (16.2W / 5V 9V 12V Supported, Quick Input and Output) - Silver: Cell Phones & Accessories
So from what I know, you're safer getting one that explicitly states it's QC 2.0 compatible. Even though that other one is 3 amps it's probably still 5v so it won't charge as quickly. QC 2.0 ups the voltage in order to charge much more quickly.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
So from what I know, you're safer getting one that explicitly states it's QC 2.0 compatible. Even though that other one is 3 amps it's probably still 5v so it won't charge as quickly. QC 2.0 ups the voltage in order to charge much more quickly.

Thanks. It doesn't look like there are too many QC 2.0 external battery packs. Aukey makes some good products though so I'd be comfortable buying that one. I just wish they made one with a higher capacity. Although that one will probably charge the S6 3 times, so it's not too bad.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
well, whether the Anker supports Qualcomm quick charge 2.0 or not doesn't really matter to the S6/S6 edge --

the 2 new samsungs are NOT Qualcomm quick charge 2.0 compatible.
Samsung chose to use their own adaptive charging, so it is not quick charge 2.0 certified, but they are absolutely quick charge 2.0 compatible. I have used a non Samsung quick charge 2.0 charger on my note 4 and it works perfectly.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
[COLOR=#ff0000 said:
Jaycemiskel[/COLOR];4335356]Yes they are. Stop spreading misinformation.

Samsung chose to use their own adaptive charging, so it is not quick charge 2.0 certified, but they are absolutely quick charge 2.0 compatible. I have used a non Samsung quick charge 2.0 charger on my note 4 and it works perfectly.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It is probably a licensing issue. Qualcomm might make people pay money to use the quick charge 2.0 name. So Samsung found a way to do it similar, without having to pay the licensing fee. Just a guess though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair