Hi all, I just got my S6 Edge delivered from AT&T this afternoon and I'm having a great time setting it up. The only problem I'm finding so far is with the calendar and I don't know if this is an issue with the device or with the operating system since my S5 but still operating on 4.4. There is a long list of calendars that I'm trying to turn off, including the Google Calendar. However, it will jump to "off" for a moment and then jump back to on. Anyone else noticing this problem? Any ideas how to fix it?
    04-06-2015 01:24 PM
    Ok scratch that. After the phone was on for a while and settled in it let me turn them all off!
    04-06-2015 05:02 PM
    I am having a different but maybe somewhat related problem. I have had my S6 edge for 1 week. My calendar information disappears on me several times a day. It does not matter what calendar app I use. Currently I have the native Samsung calendar and Google calendar and the information disappears from both of them. I have to restart the phone once or twice each time this happens and the information will reappear. I charge the phone every night and every morning I have no calendar information. It also happens randomly throughout the day. I use the calendar function a lot as I travel for work and I am having to restart the phone 6-8 times a day and usually when I am in front of a client while trying to make an appointment. I am thinking I may have a lemon. For the price we pay for this phone this is unacceptable. Any ideas you may have on solving this is much appreciated.
    04-28-2015 08:30 AM
    I am having a different but maybe somewhat related problem. I have had my S6 edge for 1 week. My calendar information disappears on me several times a day. It does not matter what calendar app I use. Currently I have the native Samsung calendar and Google calendar and the information disappears from both of them. I have to restart the phone once or twice each time this happens and the information will reappear. I charge the phone every night and every morning I have no calendar information. It also happens randomly throughout the day. I use the calendar function a lot as I travel for work and I am having to restart the phone 6-8 times a day and usually when I am in front of a client while trying to make an appointment. I am thinking I may have a lemon. For the price we pay for this phone this is unacceptable. Any ideas you may have on solving this is much appreciated.
    Is Outlook the source of your calendar? Neither the stock calendar nor Google calendar were working with my Outlook calendar from work. I don't know what the problem is or if there is a fix, but I have been using the Microsoft Outlook app, which works pretty well. (The agenda widget is resizable unlike the stock calendar widget.)

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-28-2015 09:21 AM
    I'm having the same issue with calender and google calendar but my appoints don't show at all. It doesn't matter how many times I restart the phone. I don't have any calendar sync buttons on the phone. I'm temped to do a factory reset to see if there is a setting deep in that is screwing things up. SOOOO ANNOYING!
    05-10-2015 12:45 PM
    for outlook mail calendar and contact I can only recommend one App, Nine .
    Nine it's a worth buy app
    05-10-2015 06:18 PM
    Yes, I am using Outlook. I can't believe more business users are not having problems with this. I now have taken back 2 S6 edges and have a regular S6. All 3 have the same issue. Why do I not have problems with my M7 using outlook. This is unacceptable and renders my phone useless to me.
    05-19-2015 03:50 PM
    In the calendar options you need to turn on the Exchange calendar, in faact all of them if you have multiple sources, that fixed my issue, however i have a slightly different one. I am in Australia, and have Outllok meetings in the US and Australian time zones. All the ones in the US show up at the correct time, but the ones i put in my Outlook for Local times, sometimes show up as an hour early?? Anyone seen this?
    08-31-2015 08:23 PM
    I just got the GS7 a couple weeks ago and am experiencing the same issue as Martin above. My exchange events all sync fine to my calendar - however, every once in a while it will all disappear and then all come back again in an hour or so... this happened a couple times a day when I first got the phone. Then it didn't do it for about a week, but just happened again today... anyone else have this issue and possibly have a solution?

@Martin Willing did you ever figure out a fix?

Thanks!
    03-25-2016 11:12 AM
    I'm having Google calendar issues too. With me, the calendar started running super slow yesterday. Swiping to. Different month or week, it takes as long as 10 seconds for the page to move. Sometimes it won't go beyond a half page so you have half of 1month and half of the other. When I switched to the samsung stock calendar it was perfect. Of course you can't expect Google To help.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-25-2016 12:26 PM
    I'm having this problem now, only everything on my schedule is an hour later than local time. Did you ever figure this out?
    05-25-2016 08:37 AM