Thinking of getting a edge on contract with Verizon, since it's a LTE phone will it become factory unlocked when purchased with 2yr contract?
    04-06-2015 11:55 PM
    Supposedly all Verizon LTE phones have to be unlocked per some agreement with them acquiring spectrum. You still have to pay for it if you buy it on contract though.
    04-07-2015 12:01 AM
    Supposedly all Verizon LTE phones have to be unlocked per some agreement with them acquiring spectrum. You still have to pay for it if you buy it on contract though.
    The fcc agreement does not require Verizon to unlock phones. They cannot tell the manufacturers to lock the device though. This is why my Droid razr maxx cannot be used on tmobile or ATT, despite having gsm radios. Most recent Verizon phones are factory sim unlocked, though.
    04-07-2015 07:13 AM
    The fcc agreement does not require Verizon to unlock phones. They cannot tell the manufacturers to lock the device though. This is why my Droid razr maxx cannot be used on tmobile or ATT, despite having gsm radios. Most recent Verizon phones are factory sim unlocked, though.
    What good is factory sim unlocked if you can't put a tmobile or ATT sim in it?...
    04-07-2015 02:20 PM
    Thinking of getting a edge on contract with Verizon, since it's a LTE phone will it become factory unlocked when purchased with 2yr contract?
    It will be definitely unlocked out of the box. Verizon does not lock it's 4G phones period. I am using a note 4 from Verizon on simple mobile.
    Averix likes this.
    04-07-2015 02:26 PM
    What good is factory sim unlocked if you can't put a tmobile or ATT sim in it?...
    You can.
    Averix likes this.
    04-07-2015 02:26 PM
    You can.
    On the Droid razr maxx, you can not out of the box. You can if you root and mess with it. My point being was that Verizon is not required to sell all 4GLTE phones factory sim unlocked, which is in response to a previous poster.

With regards to the s6, it probably would be factory sim unlocked.
    04-08-2015 09:02 AM
    On the Droid razr maxx, the sim slot is unlocked but att and tmobile are blocked. It still works internationally.
    04-08-2015 09:04 AM