Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

My s6 Edge screen brightness is less than the g3 and wife's s5.... I've gone to settings and checked everything and it's not that better... I thought this would blow other phones away. Or, is my phone bad? Have you guys noticed this?
    04-07-2015 09:33 PM
    if it's lower then the G3 then you got problems haha jk...

compare it to another S6 Edge...
    04-08-2015 12:01 PM
    My s6 Edge screen brightness is less than the g3 and wife's s5.... I've gone to settings and checked everything and it's not that better... I thought this would blow other phones away. Or, is my phone bad? Have you guys noticed this?
    I thought the same thing, then I remembered I set up power saving so by default the 100% brightness mark is actually around 80%. Make sure you have power saving mode off.

via the AC App on my S6 Edge
    04-09-2015 12:21 AM
    My screen is the same way. Here is full brightness on my M8 on left and S6 on right.
    Attached Thumbnails Anybody noticed screen brightness is not that great??-1428571156106.jpg  
    04-09-2015 04:19 AM
    My screen is the same way. Here is full brightness on my M8 on left and S6 on right.
    Yeah... Same thing with mine. I compared my s6 Edge with my wife's s5 and it's way darker and even my g3 is brighter.... Anybody else?
    04-09-2015 05:49 AM
    I thought the same thing, then I remembered I set up power saving so by default the 100% brightness mark is actually around 80%. Make sure you have power saving mode off.

Please try to post a pic side by side with another phone. Don't know if this is right or I have a lemon
    04-09-2015 05:51 AM
    It's the auto bright settings. I shined a light on the phone and it got very bright. Perfect operating level for me. As soon as I turned off the light it went back to super dim, even in a well lit room. The light has to be very bright to get the higher level.
    04-09-2015 08:47 AM
    Auto brightness will go about 200 nits higher than just moving the slider all the way to 100% manually. This is one of the brightest phones on the market but Samsung restricts the output when not needed to help with battery life.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    04-09-2015 10:28 PM
    Please try to post a pic side by side with another phone. Don't know if this is right or I have a lemon
    I've been seeing this reported more and more over the last day, so I decided to test it out next to my Galaxy S5 and was amazed how much brighter the S5 was over the Edge...kinda made me nauseous. I went on Live Chat with Samsung and they were no help and just for the record the rep tells me "Samsung will not provide any replacement options, it is Samsung policy." I took screen shots of the whole conversation, it was infuriating. Nonetheless, I plan on calling up TMobile in the morning to see what they say. Here's a side by side photo.
    Anybody noticed screen brightness is not that great??-galaxycomparison_photo-01.jpg
    04-10-2015 12:43 AM
    My question now is, is this happening only on the edge model?
    04-10-2015 12:56 AM
    I've posted this numerous times. The s6 is the brightest phone on the market but it only gets up to high brightness levels when it is on auto and it needs it. They limit how bright it can get manually so people don't leave it on high and get terrible battery life and potentially ruin their screen. The s5 is brighter in manual but it is not in auto. Go outside in bright sun on auto and compare the 2.
    papabutter21 and pounder001 like this.
    04-10-2015 01:40 AM
    Just received my S6E and I notice the default Auto setting is a little darker when compared side to side with the S5, but the minute I took it to manual the S6E actually was brighter and sharper when comparing at the same brightness level.
    04-10-2015 02:33 AM
    Looked at one in Bestbuy and it was very bright. Just as good as the N4
    04-10-2015 04:02 AM
    Looked at one in Bestbuy and it was very bright. Just as good as the N4
    Thats because it is so bright in Best Buy. I've had my M8 at 95% for over a year and the screen has never burnt out.
    04-10-2015 04:47 AM
    Just received my S6E and I notice the default Auto setting is a little darker when compared side to side with the S5, but the minute I took it to manual the S6E actually was brighter and sharper when comparing at the same brightness level.
    Definitely not the case on mine above. Both devices were set to manual 100% screen brightness, with no power saving. I have never used auto brightness.

04-10-2015 05:37 AM
    I made a video showing my s5 vs the s6 edge and how the brightness on my year old s5 is much brighter than the edge. I wrote to Samsung showing them a photo as well as this video and they say I need to take it up with T-Mobile and I can "send it to them for analysis" basically they would dissect my $800 brand new phone and make it into basically a refurb. It sucks to think the reality of this is that they fell way short with a significant feature and pre paid for it. Here is the YouTube link:

Attached Thumbnails Anybody noticed screen brightness is not that great??-20150409_192246.jpg  
    04-10-2015 09:58 PM
    I made a video showing my s5 vs the s6 edge and how the brightness on my year old s5 is much brighter than the edge. I wrote to Samsung showing them a photo as well as this video and they say I need to take it up with T-Mobile and I can "send it to them for analysis" basically they would dissect my $800 brand new phone and make it into basically a refurb. It sucks to think the reality of this is that they fell way short with a significant feature and pre paid for it. Here is the YouTube link:

How does the brightness compare in daylight? not that i don't see this as a big issue, but i personally don't care about something being super bright at night. Now if the issue carries over to the day light, i might cancel my order.
    Thanks in advance
    04-10-2015 10:13 PM
    How does the brightness compare in daylight? not that i don't see this as a big issue, but i personally don't care about something being super bright at night. Now if the issue carries over to the day light, i might cancel my order.
    Thanks in advance
    Its ok... Gets the job done, but then again since I've had it, the sun has yet to shine, so we'll see once that sun makes an appearance.

04-10-2015 10:26 PM
    I got mine today and have had no trouble with screen brightness. I leave auto off though. It's brighter than my note 2.
    04-10-2015 10:31 PM
    I had the same exact problem with nine and I also compared it with my wife's s5. I took mine back and I will wait and see if this gets fixed
    04-11-2015 08:28 AM
    I had the same exact problem with nine and I also compared it with my wife's s5. I took mine back and I will wait and see if this gets fixed
    The more I look into this, the more I think it's a wide spread issue. Carriers are going to get their fair share of upset customers for sure. Unfortunately I've seen the edge on heavy back order as of late, which may cut into the typical 14 day handset return policies. It'll be interesting to say the least.

04-11-2015 10:24 AM
    there are several people that have this issue. put your phone on max brightness (no auto) then put a cloth on the top of the phone where the sensors are.. and watch it dim! it has to be a bug! Also, I input in my dialer app *#0*# and a settings menu comes up... I click to test the light sensor and it only goes to level 3 (note my brightness is turned all the way up). I don't know if this helps anyone but I thought it's supposed to go up to level 5? Thought I read that somewhere.Everyone with an edge experiencing this problem PLEASE EMAIL/TWEET/CALL Samsung AND your Carrier to report the issue so they can fix it!.
    05-11-2015 03:45 PM
    Velis auto brightness?
    05-11-2015 04:33 PM