Rich Black Background Battery Saver

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey all. So I've been seeing a lot of posts about the lack of battery life on their new s6 edge. One trick I use to conserve even the slightest bit of energy is a rich black background for my wallpaper and lock screen. It also makes the phone look pretty stealth, especially if you use a 3rd party launcher. It's a simple jpg that I use. Here is a Dropbox link to download the jpg, just set as wallpaper and you're off and running.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oi82n0031od3w88/79d84eeac170f3e8ee3a3770f868f8d7.jpg?dl=0

Enjoy y'all!

via the AC App on my S6 Edge

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I plan to use this one... I also find dark backgrounds save on battery. I looked up 4k wallpapers and got a few good ones...

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• papers.co-mb55-wallpaper-amazing-milkyway-space-mountain-21-wallpaper.jpg
    papers.co-mb55-wallpaper-amazing-milkyway-space-mountain-21-wallpaper.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 87

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I plan to use this one... I also find dark backgrounds save on battery. I looked up 4k wallpapers and got a few good ones...

Posted via Android Central App

Very nice. Yeah dark backgrounds are the way to go, at least for me. I'm not much of a picture background person but different strokes for different folks.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey all. So I've been seeing a lot of posts about the lack of battery life on their new s6 edge. One trick I use to conserve even the slightest bit of energy is a rich black background for my wallpaper and lock screen. It also makes the phone look pretty stealth, especially if you use a 3rd party launcher. It's a simple jpg that I use. Here is a Dropbox link to download the jpg, just set as wallpaper and you're off and running.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oi82n0031od3w88/79d84eeac170f3e8ee3a3770f868f8d7.jpg?dl=0

Enjoy y'all!

Thanks I definitely plan on using this. I'll probably go with stock for a couple days first just so I can see how much it helps.

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Can I ask what may be a dumb question? The battery savings from a dark wallpaper only come if you are in the launcher, right? Most of my screen on time is within apps, and the total amount of time I am within the launcher with the wallpaper showing probably totals to several minutes per day at most. I just can't imagine this impacting battery life to any noticeable degree, at least for me, or am I thinking about this wrong?

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Can I ask what may be a dumb question? The battery savings from a dark wallpaper only come if you are in the launcher, right? Most of my screen on time is within apps, and the total amount of time I am within the launcher with the wallpaper showing probably totals to several minutes per day at most. I just can't imagine this impacting battery life to any noticeable degree, at least for me, or am I thinking about this wrong?

It's not a dumb question. I asked myself the same thing a year ago when I heard the suggestion. I did some digging and became more educated on the benefits based on the screen type. Here's a link that may explain it for you better.

http://www.androidpit.com/how-black-wallpaper-can-save-your-battery

Again, it's all up to personal preference, but for me it didn't make sense to have a background image that'll only be covered by app icons and widgets in the first place.

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I read the source post of the "experiment" from xda, and he tested 15 straight minutes on the home screen and then extrapolated to battery savings over a day. I am not on my home screen for more than a few seconds at a time. Of course this post did remind me to set the AC app to the dark theme, so thank you for that!

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty