Anyone facing issues with Wireless charging on Edge ?

wwatfa

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
i am finding the wireless charging not to be at all what is expected .. it seems more like a hit or miss situation ..

i am using the samsung wireless charger .. so it surely not a compatibility issue ..

anyone facing the same ??

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I have been a fan of wireless charging for a long time. Started with the Palm touchstone. I have noticed is that the S6E is charging fine, but turns off when its full. So in the morning instead of coming down to a full battery that has stayed topped up all night, its at 92-94% having started draining once full. I have to take it off the charger and put it back on when i get up, so its topped up before I leave the house.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been a fan of wireless charging for a long time. Started with the Palm touchstone. I have noticed is that the S6E is charging fine, but turns off when its full. So in the morning instead of coming down to a full battery that has stayed topped up all night, its at 92-94% having started draining once full. I have to take it off the charger and put it back on when i get up, so its topped up before I leave the house.

Thats weird. I use wireless charing for my S6E as well but it doesnt turn off at 100%. Maybe its your charger? Every morning I wake to a full 100% bat

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have used wireless charging also since the touchstone, even hacked my galaxy nexus to use a touchstone.

To the issue at hand. As long as my edge stays on the charger it is fine but it likes to slide around without a case.

Have tried 3 chargers now and all work great, all charge to and stay at 100%

Official Samsung QI charger(newest version)
Nexus 4 QI charger, the google one.
Droid charger from Verizon.
Air dock in car (doesn't stick to it like my nexus did.)
And now have a different car dock but I haven't tried it yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I woke up this morning with 88% first day waking up to the phone and it kinda disappointed me

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I woke up this morning with 88% first day waking up to the phone and it kinda disappointed me

What settings do you have active at night? To avoid unnecessary drain at night, I turn on airplane mode, turn on wifi, and set to do not disturb. I lose 3% tops throughout the night.

via the AC App on my S6 Edge

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Franky_402, Try taking it off and putting it back just before you leave it for the night.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
4467a91d198c1e7ca8f834f9825b0462.jpg

It definitely stops charging once it reaches 100%. Had it happen on both devices in my house. Wonder if there is a setting somewhere or if it's carrier specific. I'm on AT&T and have carrier branded devices.

This is the first device I've seen this behavior with. Also been using wireless charging since the Pre.

ambrodsky

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Yep, same issue here. Both my wife and I got an SGS6 edge on Friday at Best Buy with the free Samsung wireless charging pad for pre-ordering. Both wake up to about 85-90% after putting it on the charger at around 9-10pm at over 50% full usually. Same thing every day.

Very disappointing!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta