Apps crash

Cindir4

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I got my S6 edge yesterday and from the start several of the apps (like gmail, kindle, market place error reporting) just stop. I let it be overnight hoping it would have sorted itself out, but still doing it. Anyone else have this happen? Solutions? Perhaps factory reset?

Any and all suggestions welcome. I have never had a phone with glitches from the start.

Tazer38

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
My Verizon S6 Edge is having similar issues with apps crashing.

Samsung Messaging App
Amazon App Suite
Google Newstand

Posted via the Android Central App

Cindir4

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I just tried that and it is still dropping apps. I will factory reset again and not have the backups automatically installed and try to reinstall individually. Frustrating. Thanks for the reply, glad it worked for you

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Try booting into Recovery mode and do a Clear Cache and if you are still doing the Factory reset just do it from there, Clear data.

Cindir4

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
So far so good, with fingers crossed. I did another factory reset and didn't automatically install anything. I am slowly adding in my favorite apps and so far everything is working.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I had to uninstall the Amazon app that came with the phone but once I did that, I stopped getting the apps crashing issue.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
from time to time, i get a pop up saying that "Amazon has stopped".

i haven't noticed anything else that's going on that is negative, so i have, thus far, mostly ignored this annoying and disconcerting pop up.

should i be more concerned?

ajsmsg78

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Ever since Google switched to ART (Android Runtime) from Dalvik apps have been randomly crashing. For example every time I use the mobile site for Facebook or the app Tinfoil for Facebook on my Nexus 6 after about two minutes of browsing the apps crash and just exit without warning. It's very annoying. I wish Google would have baked in an option to change back to Dalvik because it seems like that is the problem. The bugs are so bad I read that Google is now working on another Android filesystem for future versions of Android.

Last edited: