s6 edge auto screen brightness keeps turning off

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
So my s6 edge auto screen brightness keeps turning off for no reason, I like to keep it on auto so I don't get blinded in the night if I decide to go on my phone but it will just randomly come off of auto, last night it happened whilst I was using the phone, just suddenly went bright and blinded me, checked and it had gone off of auto, it has happened several times now

Posted via the Android Central App

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
This also started happening with me yesterday.

I have the latest update, there was one update since I bought the edge on Monday.

I have uninstalled the car application, as another person in another thread said this fixed it for them.

Other peeps suggested you backup everything, do a reset and then restore.

Since last night it has not happened again, will double check.

Do you have any battery apps running?

Mr_Bugman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I haven't had this issue but in another forum it was suggested that disabling S Voice would stop this issue.

Seems rather odd but some said that worked. Worth a try?

Posted via the Android Central App

hellar89

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
This also started happening with me yesterday.

I have the latest update, there was one update since I bought the edge on Monday.

I have uninstalled the car application, as another person in another thread said this fixed it for them.

Other peeps suggested you backup everything, do a reset and then restore.

Since last night it has not happened again, will double check.

Do you have any battery apps running?

which car app?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Not that I plan to use it but what is "car app," what does it do and where is it on the phone? I'm with Verizon and I can't find any "car app" anywhere.

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
When you say "turning off" do you mean that it's not working or that it's un-checking the option for auto brightness by iteself? Mine appears to stay on auto all the time but I really don't notice much change in brightness under a wide range of lighting.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Just spoke to samsung here in Australia..and software update for this problem is out..just requires a factory reset..just use smart switch to do that on comp..hope that helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance