My S6 stutters and drops frame rates left and right. Especially in Google Chrome, the Play Store, and just day to day scrolling.

There's other thing I'm noticing is the delete button on the touch screen using either the Samsung Keyboard or Google Keyboard. It struggles to register my presses all the time in rapid succession. So if I repeatedly press backspace it will stop registering my key strokes. Its very intermittent.

Anyone else experience this?

I have the T-Mobile variant and downloaded the OTA when I first got the phone. I just reformatted the phone today (had the phone for 9 days now) and IRS still acting up.

I restored my phone as a "new device" too.

I keep seeing posts about how good it is, but its the LG G3 all over again. People were so happy with it and didn't acknowledge the crappy frame rates and j feel like its happening again on the S6.

Its just animation performance I guess because it is super snappy but it's not smooth.

I'm guessing at this point its just software optimization issues. Google Play needs to update, etc., but just want to confirm with other S6 owners.
    lycafe likes this.
    04-12-2015 12:47 AM
    My S6 stutters and drops frame rates left and right. Especially in Google Chrome, the Play Store, and just day to day scrolling.

There's other thing I'm noticing is the delete button on the touch screen using either the Samsung Keyboard or Google Keyboard. It struggles to register my presses all the time in rapid succession. So if I repeatedly press backspace it will stop registering my key strokes. Its very intermittent.

Anyone else experience this?

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04...f0d14a10d0.jpg

I have the T-Mobile variant and downloaded the OTA when I first got the phone. I just reformatted the phone today (had the phone for 9 days now) and IRS still acting up.

I restored my phone as a "new device" too.

I keep seeing posts about how good it is, but its the LG G3 all over again. People were so happy with it and didn't acknowledge the crappy frame rates and j feel like its happening again on the S6.

Its just animation performance I guess because it is super snappy but it's not smooth.

I'm guessing at this point its just software optimization issues. Google Play needs to update, etc., but just want to confirm with other S6 owners.
    Try turning on Developer options and reduce Animations to .5 or 0, see if it's better for you.
    04-12-2015 08:02 AM
    Try turning on Developer options and reduce Animations to .5 or 0, see if it's better for you.
    Hey thanks for the reply.

I should have mentioned I'm at .5x anyway and using "Nova" setting in animations.

Chrome scrolls terribly and so does the Play store.

Touch is still problematic here and there but not too bad. Its most apparent with the backspace when it repeatedly tap it. I don't need to delete that many characters usually and if it's a lot I tend to just hold it. Its that middle ground that is affected.

Anyway T-Mobile is sending me a new phone soon since I requested a black one instead. With the new unit I will just update boot into recovery and clear cache and what not.

Perhaps that's my problem.
    erasat likes this.
    04-12-2015 12:46 PM
    New Samsung Galaxy S6 edge user here. Formerly only ever used iPhones. I was surprised at the perceptible difference in scrolling and animation smoothness coming from the iPhone to the galaxy s6. I keep telling myself this is likely a software issue that will be fixed with a future update but I am noticing a significant lagginess with scrolling as well. Bummer!
    04-12-2015 12:47 PM
    Hopefully I'm not posting this prematurely but after clearing the cache all animations seem to have improved. I've only been using it for about 10 minutes, but the difference was pretty clear. Hopefully you'll have the same luck. I'd post a link to the steps but I don't have the 10 post minimum required to post links yet.
    04-12-2015 01:11 PM