S6 Edge not recognized on MacBook Pro

Stephan Bardubitzki

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: S6 Edge not recogniced on MacBook Pro

Android File Transfer does not seem to work with S6 Edge.
"Could not connect to device. Try reconnecting or restarting your device."

clborden

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

Do you have any other connecting software on your MacBook? I know it doesn't play well with other apps. I was using iSyncr at one point and I had to delete it before AFT would work. I know it definitely doesn't work while Kies is installed on a Mac at all. At least that was my experience.

Please let us know how you make out or what you had to do to get it to work. I'm on the verge of getting a GS6e myself and this will be a huge problem for me also. Thanks.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Android File Transfer does not seem to work with S6 Edge.
"Could not connect to device. Try reconnecting or restarting your device."

Android File Transfer doesn't seem to be compatible with the S6. If you want to transfer your iPhone or previous phone data, use the Switch program from Samsung. If you want to keep using a sync app, use Kies from Samsung.

bryanddaniels

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

I have my edge working with my MacBook pro and android file transfer using an OEM samsung usb cable. Didn't have to do anything special to get it to work just plugged it in. Just so you know it is possible. Hope this helps :)

junglesnake98

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

I hade the same problem with my second edge. The first one went smooth but the second was error after error. I finally restarted everything. Cleared all my caches and updated to the newest software for the mac and now its fine. So one of those fixed my issue. The wifi calling is getting on my nerves though.

Berry me a G

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site

Im also looking for a good non cable way to transfer media between s6 and macbook. Anybody got anything?

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Kies worked before the last update. I updated mine and it barks about installing SmartSwitch instead. Samsung really needs to get their act together on this stuff.
There are also two versions of the SmartSwitch program. One appears to just be for a one shot transfer from another phone. The other is actually able to mount storage, backup the phone, and update firmware.
One shot SmartSwitch can be downloaded here.
Useful SmartSwitch that replaces Kies can be downloaded here.

Oilers88

May 4, 2015
Visit site

AFT does work as long as all other syncing applications are deleted. I'm using AFT on my S6 Edge as I'm typing this.

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

While I have no issues on my Ubuntu box, my S6 Edge is not recognized on my MacBook.

Anyone else with the same issue?

Yes I have the same issue. I am using SideSync (remote access) which seems to work very well either USB or WiFi. It is a Samsung product, easy to set up and it is stable.

Sorry, just to add that SmartSwitch is being touted as a replacement for Keis. Not true, not even close to the functionality that Keis or AFT has.

We need Keis back working with the SG6 forward..

04888allan

May 24, 2015
Visit site

Yes I have the same issue
Very disappointing as all I have are Mac's
Samsung need to address this.
None of the said third party software fixs work.
The Mac just doesn't see it, not even in Utitatys.
And what's the deal with having to send away for a cable to connect your iPhone to the edge to transfer your data ??????
A ,50 cent cable from China that I have to wait 3-5 busness days before I can use my edge.
Again samsung need to address this if they want to take on iPhone users.

04888allan

May 24, 2015
Visit site

Android file transfer doesn't work
Smart trans doesn't work
Kisk doesn't work
Mac book doesn't even see that the edge is there.
Samsung need to get this fixed.

Bwahahahaha

Banned
Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

Android File Transfer doesn't seem to be compatible with the S6. If you want to transfer your iPhone or previous phone data, use the Switch program from Samsung. If you want to keep using a sync app, use Kies from Samsung.

Incorrect. Android file transfer works just fine with my s6 edge. Just used it today.

Posted via the Android Central App

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Incorrect. Android file transfer works just fine with my s6 edge. Just used it today.
Interesting. What carrier version do you have?
I plug mine in and see a stupid Verizon volume that mounts. After that goes away I get this. Anyone else get it to connect?Screen Shot 2015-06-03 at 4.33.38 PM.png