S6 Edge Getting Hot?

almaxkiller

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Just wanting to hear what everybody has experienced for device temperature so far. When I was setting my phone up I noticed it got almost unbearably hot (to the point it was making the palm of my hand sweat and the metal edge on the power button was pretty hot). Now mind you this was while restoring from my previous device and getting it set up, but I still feel like this might have been abnormal and want to see what everybody else has noticed so far.

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Just wanting to hear what everybody has experienced for device temperature so far. When I was setting my phone up I noticed it got almost unbearably hot (to the point it was making the palm of my hand sweat and the metal edge on the power button was pretty hot). Now mind you this was while restoring from my previous device and getting it set up, but I still feel like this might have been abnormal and want to see what everybody else has noticed so far.

Yep it gets hot. For some of us more than others. But yeah it's pretty much normal. Use the search tool for this forum and you'll find two other threads on this topic.

Nickanthony

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I noticed mine gets extremely hot when it's charging. Might be completely normal. My last few phones always had cases so perhaps I just never noticed it.

DeruginizSCP

May 20, 2014
Visit site
My phone also gets so hot it can't be right... my wife has the regular s6 and hers do not get hot at all ..and a friend has edge too and he also said his does not hey hot at all. I'm gonna go back to att and possibly retern it for a new one .

Posted via the Android Central App

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Mine did heat up way too much until I did 2 Factory Resets (not sure why the first one didn't cure it) but on the second Reset, it stopped.

bdelio

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
According the gsam battery monitor when my s6e gets hot it shows around 92 degrees. Not sure if others have the same issue but that is normally after updating apps or playing games.

I am going to take it back to bb and get a replacement. I'll have to see if my wife's phone does the same. I really like the phone if it weren't for the battery life and it getting hot

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Whozafrayed

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I have had mine about a week. I find it gets too hot to hold comfortably when just using casual applications and no multitasking. I also find the battery does not last nearly as long as my Note 4. While I am at it... I may as well mention it lags between apps... and for a few seconds the screen is unresponsive. I LOVE the phone for its design and gorgeous display ... but I gotta say I am very disappointed in the performance. I have only used Samsung phones over the last 10 years. I hope a patch can fix some of the issues . regardless of what people report on this forum, I can't be the only one... :( I stll have faith. :-[

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Folks, please do a search on this forum using key words "warm" and "hot". My story in brief: My original edge got hot doing low-demand things like opening facebook. Not all the time, and it got better after a few days, but often enough to really annoy me. I questioned if it was normal or not and went back and forth on that. I eventually took it back and got a replacement, which runs MUCH cooler. And (surprise surprise) the battery life is fantastic instead of mediocre as well. I'm SO SO SO glad I took it back. If your unit gets warm/hot to the point where it's uncomfortable, (unless you're really putting it through it's paces) that is NOT NORMAL, take it back

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Just like Techno-guy, Mine got pretty hot until I did a reset. before the reset, I felt the heat through the case. Now all is good.

TmoodAndroid

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Here are the two scenarios where my Edge get the most hottest:

1) In the car charging and running Google Maps

2) Using any photo or video app to take pictures/videos or editing

Has anyone experience similar incidents?

Would a factory reset or taking it back resolve this??

I had Droid Turbo for two weeks before settling on Edge. The Turbo battery was amazing. It wasn't fair for me to compare the two but the expectations got pretty high. However, I read several reviews about Edge's CPU that supposedly runs faster and cooler than Snapdragon 810. Now I'm kinda wondering if this is still the case now that Edge's been used in real-world scenario...

Thoughts?

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Why dont you download that GSAM App and let us know the actualy Temperature of the phone?

Mines goes between 23-30 Celcious depending on what im doing.

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Here are the two scenarios where my Edge get the most hottest:

1) In the car charging and running Google Maps

2) Using any photo or video app to take pictures/videos or editing

Has anyone experience similar incidents?

Would a factory reset or taking it back resolve this??

I had Droid Turbo for two weeks before settling on Edge. The Turbo battery was amazing. It wasn't fair for me to compare the two but the expectations got pretty high. However, I read several reviews about Edge's CPU that supposedly runs faster and cooler than Snapdragon 810. Now I'm kinda wondering if this is still the case now that Edge's been used in real-world scenario...

Thoughts?

My new one (which replaced my old one which got hot for all kinds of dumb reasons) does get hot if I am taking alot of pictures with brightness turned way up, as well as when charging. So I'm thinking that's normal...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams