Wireless Charging Issues (S6 Edge + New Charger)

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I am using the Tylt Vu charger and have had no issues. It will say wireless charging paused when I take it off but that is the only time.
They advertise that the VU is designed to provide as much power as your standard USB charger (1 Amp) and will charge as fast as your USB charger as long as your phone is designed to accept that much power. Of course thats not as fast as the quick charge.
I have the same charger and use it without issue. It has worked with every device know tried it with.

Flavio76

May 3, 2015
Visit site
LG g3 charger and Nokia stand up charger and Nokia car charger are a not a option either stop or do not charger at all (Nokia car)
I had more than 4 phones with wireless and any of then had this issue.

Nokia plate works fine as a wireless charger

Posted via the Android Central App

loucrem

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I had the same problem with my S6 pausing during wireless charging. I have the Powerbot PB1020 and it doesnt come with the plug in charger, just the cable. The problem was that the Powerbot required 5 volts 1.5 amps output power supply and the phone charger I was using was from my old phone, 5 volts 1 amp output. Most phone chargers are 5 volts 1 amp output. After switching it to a 5 volt 2 amp charger, the problem went away. The charger that comes with the S6 met the power requirements of the wireless charger and it also worked fine with that. Check the power requirements of your wireless charger and make sure your power supply's amperage output is the same or greater than the the required input to your wireless charger. It seems if the power requirements are not met the wireless charger must not work properly. I have had no problems since. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem with the Duracell Powermat. It's really annoying, if it's not on there 100% centered it won't charge and sometimes it "pauses" charging after a few seconds. I figured the charger was crap and so I ordered the round Samsung charging pad. We'll see how that goes.
My S6 Edge does have the clear Samsung case on it but it is super thin and i refuse to take it off everytime I put it on the charger so I didn't even try it without the case.

Rohith K

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I use the ravpower wireless charger and it seems to work fine.
My only concern is if wireless charging damages the battery or causes any overcharging.

I leave it when I go to bed and pick it up in the morning but it is sometimes a little warm which shouldn't happen cuz it would have stopped charging hours ago.

brianja

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. With all of your input I was able to get my wireless charging problem sorted out.

I used the "CHOE UPGRADED Qi Wireless Charger" with my GS5 for a year or so. When i switched to the GS6edge I started having similar problems to everyone else:

1) Put phone on pad
2) Wireless charging begins
3) Screen times out / shuts off
4) Charging stops
5) Screen wakes up from charging stopping
6) Charging begins again
7) Loop back to #3

It was very frustrating.

Last night I changed the charger that I had attached to the wireless pad to the one that shipped with the GS6edge. Now wireless charing is working perfectly!

Perhaps the older charger that I had wasn't feeding enough power to the charging pad for it to sustain a connection?

Whatever the cause, I am happy that it is now working!

Thank you again.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I was having this issue. I think it has something to do with the coil location. Charging wirelessly turning it sideways seems to work perfectly every time.

kimr1952

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm also having wc issues with my edge. wouldn't work at all with the nexus charger I already had. phone has a Spigen clear case, the same case I had on my N5, and it charged perfectly every time. bought an Aukey, it worked a couple of times, now the phone says it's charging, (by the notification tray), the green light on the charger is blinking, but in reality it is discharging. take the phone off, reset it, same thing, says it's charging, it isn't. sometimes I get the charging paused, charging resumed message over and over. I'm returning the Aukey, going to try another brand. hope to find one that works.

txladi29

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a Qi-infinity™ 3-Coils Folding Qi Wireless Charger Dock with Aukey fast charger and hubby is using the Tmvel T3 Qi Wireless 3-Coils Folding Charging Stand with Aukey fast charger. (Basically the same folding charger dock/same price.) We both have the Samsung 6 edge. Love these chargers. I keep mine on my desk. He charges his overnight. No problems with positioning, heat or pausing in charging. Both of us have cases on our phones.

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
The charger is bad. Had one that did the same thing. Took it back and exchanged it and it works without a issue.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I finally got the round Samsung wireless charger and it works like a champ! My wife was so annoyed with the Duracell charger she hated wireless charging and went back to plugging it in after a day.
Now she loves it. She just plops it down on the charger, it lights up and it's charging. No problems and works perfectly every time. She even likes that the Samsung light is much easier to see than the Duracell one.
I'm happy she's happy, and I got 30% off the charger after registering her phone.

cooper simith

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I am using Itian K8-Qi standard ultra slim mobile wireless power charger mat. It is a perfect Qi charger for Samsung Galaxy S4. Lightweight and covers the entire area of optimizing phone charging .I haven't used wired charger since I bought these. Very satisfied.

brsco

May 8, 2015
Visit site
OK, so I was getting this issue and thought I had a faulty charger, but I've been monitoring it and - this will sound weird - the charger is levitating the phone off the centre of the pad...

I thought I was going mad, but it absolutely won't stay in the centre in certain orientations. Is this a known quirk and can anyone else confirm this?
Might be a combo of the very flat back of the S6E and the mag loops.

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I personally think the Samsung wireless charger is pretty poor. Some nights it charges to 100% and stays there until I pick it up and others it Wil go to 100% and then drain down. The charger will flash blue when this happens. I'm sure it's due to the coil placement in the charger but your meant to place your phone and be done with it not fiddle around trying to find the perfect spot. My Nokia wireless charger works perfectly with my s6 so I've bought another wireless charger as my Nokia charger is pretty old and I want to give it to my dad as he's taking my 920.

Kip Brown

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Solved (for me at least) !!
Two issues that took a while to figure out:
1. My computer speaker was next to the charging pad. When any sound came out of the speaker, charging paused.
2. I moved the pad away and charging paused again (WTF)! I had placed it next to a box that I kept bucky balls in. See the trend here! Moved it again, and no issues!

Evidently, the charging field is extremely weak and heavily affected by magnetic interference.

Good luck.

carldc

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I use Dock Clock, which I set to activate when power is connected (i.e., as soon as I set the phone on the charger). That eliminates the lock screen problem.
BTW, I use the adjustable Tmvl T3 charger. I like it a lot.

TANDC

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Use Tylt also and its works perfect and charges very fast!

Found a little cheaper on Ebay new @$50 well worth the cost!

xpwpk9.jpg

Felo2014

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
The same problem here. When the charge status is near zero it is impossible to use the wireless charger because it simply doesn't work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech