Wireless Charging Issues (S6 Edge + New Charger)

almaxkiller

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Wondering if any body else has been experiencing this and has come across a solution. When I put the S6 Edge on the charging pad (new one that came with the phone at Best Buy) it either works without issue 25% of the time, or the phone will say wireless charging paused after about 30 seconds and then the charging pad will flash 75% of the time. I am being sure to place the phone centered on the pad and on its back. Sometimes it will happen so many times in a row that I try unplugging the pad and restarting the phone and then it works, but I do not want to have to do this every time.

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I've experienced something similar, to what you are describing. Whenever, I place my phone (S6E) on the pad, it will start to charge. However, it will disconnect and reconnect several times a minute. I am going to be replacing it sometime this week.
I, thought that I was the only one, that is experiencing issues with the charging pad.

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Well i have not had any problems with it yet. Only time it doesn't change is when i don't place the phone on right. I would go to bb and try getting a new pad if you haven't, and see if that fixes it.

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
No case right? I use a flat wireless charger (can't remember the name, about $20) at work and a the tylt stand charger at home. I had a versa case (pretty protective, thinner than the thor) which interfered with the charging on the tylt. None of my other cases have causes this problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

treukauf

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem With NO Case my S6 will constantly say charging paused. So I'm and engineer and I was refreshing my inductance and magnetic field knowledge.

I began trouble shooting by increasing the gap to simulate a cell phone case and it works. Whats going on is with out a phone case the induce magnetic field is too strong drive up a high voltage. To make it work either get a cell phone case or put a piece of paper folded in half between your phone and the charge. Working for me all day now. There could be a hiccup in samsungs progamming too though.... pretty damn sad no one caught this issue sooner. The strength of a magnetic field drops exponentially with distance.

Or plug a lower amp charger into the pad..

google mutual inductance equation... I cant post links i guess.

Last edited:

DerickJ

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with a ZENS Single Wireless charger. I have two of them and used them flawlessly with my old Nexus 4. Just got the Galaxy S6 and when I put the phone, case or not, on the charger it keeps beeping "Wireless Charging Paused" over and over for a about a minute. Then after awhile, it starts happening again. The charger is charging the phone, but the constant beeping and message popping up is annoying, especially when I'm at work. I've spoken with ZENS, the charging pad manufacturer, and they said they had customers who experienced this but it was fixed when they received the 5.0.2 firmware update. I'm running 5.0.2 and it's still happening for me.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to get the Nexus Wireless charger to work at all with the S6. It works great with the N5, but no matter where I place the phone it just won't charge. I do have a case on the phone as well, and it works mostly ok with the Samsung charger.

With the Samsung charger it's not consistent about keeping it charged to 100%. Sometimes once it gets fully charged it stops charging, other times it will keep it at 100% for a few hours, and then stop. But I've never woke up to it being at 100% when on the wireless charger.

spobo

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Same deal with my charger(s) + S6. ZENS Single Wireless Charger Black. I have 2 of them. Place it on, charges for 5 seconds and then randomly starts disconnecting.

I'm starting to think their chargers are chinese crap and are not rated/certified at all. Just avoid this brand. Also 5.0.2 by the way.

Other users having a good experience with wireless charging, if so what brand / model?

And I've tried placing a few papers between phone and charger. Same deal.

Last edited:

JB8888

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I am having same issue. Was going to replce with another unit thinking it was specific to my device, but seems here is a flaw on all of 'em. No bueno.

Nex2knotN

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Same deal with my charger(s) + S6. ZENS Single Wireless Charger Black. I have 2 of them. Place it on, charges for 5 seconds and then randomly starts disconnecting.

I'm starting to think their chargers are chinese crap and are not rated/certified at all. Just avoid this brand. Also 5.0.2 by the way.

Other users having a good experience with wireless charging, if so what brand / model?

And I've tried placing a few papers between phone and charger. Same deal.

Check out this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...23-can-anyone-recommend-wireless-charger.html

chrcal14

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I found a workaround for mine... using a Sony CP-W5 and a S6 Edge.

Got to watching it, and the disconnect always happened when the screen lock engaged. I beat it by setting Daydream (under Settings, then Display and Wallpaper) to happen when charging (it was set to Off by default), so it no longer goes into screen lock when I engage the charger, it locks when I remove it from the charger.

Worked for me.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the samsung mini wireless charger and so far no issues. I will say that the edge is very slippery on it without a case. It would actually start sliding no matter how I put it on the charger. Good thing is I have an xtreme guard protector on the back that gives it some traction and prevent the sliding. I would imagine sliding is not a issue for anyone with cases. I'm getting 2 more of the chargers.

Posted via the Android Central App

swingarm

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I've experienced something similar, to what you are describing. Whenever, I place my phone (S6E) on the pad, it will start to charge. However, it will disconnect and reconnect several times a minute. I am going to be replacing it sometime this week.
I, thought that I was the only one, that is experiencing issues with the charging pad.

I ran into that same problem when I tried to use a pad off of one of my PC Battery Backup's USB charging ports, when I moved the pad off a wall outlet it was fine which told me the Battery Backup port had some sort of current limit on it and the pad kept trying to exceed it hence the charging-not charging-charging-not charging-charging....etc.

Ashley V

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue at first I thought it was my pad but I've bought 3 different ones including the official Samsung pad. Same issue. I contacted Samsung and they claimed no one else has reported it. They "suspect" it's a third party app causing the issue. But after 45 minutes I ended the conversation so we never reached a solution.

Last edited:

mjacob2448

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I had a issue with the samsung pad. It would shut off in ten minutes of charging. After talking with samsung I restarted the phone in safe mode and it charged perfectly so the issue is a app. I was using a live wallpaper app. I uninstalled it and face book. After rebooting the phone in normal mode it seems to be charging fine. The only thing Im not sure is if the charger will continue to charge after the phone reaches 100 percent. I got lucky choosing the correct app as it could have been any of them. I did re-install facebook and phone still seems to charge fine

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Anecdotal, but the LG wireless charging pad seems to be working just fine. I don't leave it on that pad overnight, but at work once it gets to 100% it keeps the phone there.

I have had the Samsung pad keep it there for 2-3 hours, so I don't want to say my "test" is conclusive at all. Just my experience.

gingy1966

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Same symptoms here. Samsung S6 and Samsung chargers times two - both phones have cases.

Interestingly, symptoms started when the two chargers/phones were put near each other (8 inches). One solo charged fine. But when the second phone was placed on the nearby charger, the first phone started with the symptoms. Moved the second charger to a separate room, and all working fine.

Moral of the story - Check surroundings for another magnetic field, and make sure it is not near it!

dab88

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I have found if that the pausing coincides with the screen timeout. I changed the timeout to 10 mins and it worked for the full 10 minutes.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I am using the Tylt Vu charger and have had no issues. It will say wireless charging paused when I take it off but that is the only time.
They advertise that the VU is designed to provide as much power as your standard USB charger (1 Amp) and will charge as fast as your USB charger as long as your phone is designed to accept that much power. Of course thats not as fast as the quick charge.

Brent Zaniewski

Accessory Editor
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I found a workaround for mine... using a Sony CP-W5 and a S6 Edge.

Got to watching it, and the disconnect always happened when the screen lock engaged. I beat it by setting Daydream (under Settings, then Display and Wallpaper) to happen when charging (it was set to Off by default), so it no longer goes into screen lock when I engage the charger, it locks when I remove it from the charger.

Worked for me.

This has been my only workaround thus far. So irritating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc