Screen Scratching Easily

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
I love my phone but I noticed about a day and a half after having the device in the sun I have a couple of hairline scratches on it already. Now I checked the device for scratches when I first got it after hearing about so called scratch gate but mine was flawless. I don't miss handle my device, it stays in my pocket with nothing else in there with it. Not sure what's going on could my device not have a coating on it.

Nelson Guerrero

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I love my phone but I noticed about a day and a half after having the device in the sun I have a couple of hairline scratches on it already. Now I checked the device for scratches when I first got it after hearing about so called scratch gate but mine was flawless. I don't miss handle my device, it stays in my pocket with nothing else in there with it. Not sure what's going on could my device not have a coating on it.

Same here. I received my Galaxy s6 edge on April 2nd and I didnt notice any hairline scratches at the time but I also was not looking for them. I used the phone without a screen protector for the next 2 days, being extra careful and putting it in my pocket with nothing else in them. When I received my screen protector I noticed I had a couple hairline scratches on my screen in the light. I am not sure if I recieved my phone with them or if I got them by not having a screen protector for 2 days.

Its only a couple hairline scratches and you cant see them at all with a screen protector, even if light shines on it so im not really worried about the scratches.

joewoo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
It's probably the oleophobic costing that's coming off..... or it just could be the glass...

This is why people use screen protectors.... many claim their glass never gets scratched but actually never notice these micro scratches that you can see in the sun...

Nex2knotN

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
If you don't mind me asking, what screen protector did you purchase?
Jump over to this topic to get an idea of the various types out there now:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-edge/502049-s6-edge-screen-protection.html

I am using the full body Zagg for S6E and it works out great, although I don't really care for the back protector since its not clear, but somewhat Opaque. It'll hold over for now, till more comes out or a good tempered glass one that I'll eventually put on. A lot better than taking the risk of scratches that a lot of folks are running into now.

lgoldbaum

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
There's an unboxing video on YouTube I watched yesterday showing the phone coming out of a sealed box scratched. Mine had scratches that I didn't see until I brought it home and saw it in direct sunlight (about an hour after I got home from the store, and hadn't used the phone). Still debating whether to exchange it.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
There's an unboxing video on YouTube I watched yesterday showing the phone coming out of a sealed box scratched. Mine had scratches that I didn't see until I brought it home and saw it in direct sunlight (about an hour after I got home from the store, and hadn't used the phone). Still debating whether to exchange it.

Man, I would!!! That Sucks!

Sam Eichers

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I have a galaxy s6 edge from T-Mobile and I have a ton of scratches all over it already and there are these weird rainbow lines that run diagonally across the whole screen. It's not just limited to almost invisible scratches either I've noticed a few rather larger ones beginning to show up I've had the phone for 5 days this is crazy I had my s5 for a year and had maybe one little hairline scratch I never needed a screen protector. There are thousands on my s6 already.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I am new here and signed up after seeing this thread. I have had my Samsung Galaxy S6 since April 18th. The back glass has a few minor hairline scratches near the bottom but I have a ZAGG tempered glass screen protector on the front. The back does not bother me too much. I plan on putting a rear glass protector on there as soon as I find one.

BLeClair12

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
This stuff has me worried. I got my S6 Edge in the mail yesterday, as well as a Skinomi Tech Skin. I applied it last night, with the intention of activating the phone today, but the install came out absolutely horrible, and I can't imagine using the phone without taking it off. Despite never even touching the screen (I removed it from the packaging, placed it on a clean, dry towel, and installed the screen protector in the bathroom with the shower running), the protector has a bunch of blemishes that haven't even begun to dissipate after 18+ hours.

I've never used a screen protector on my own phone before, and I've never needed one. My S4 screen still looks as good to me as the day I received it nearly two years ago, but hearing about the scratching on the edge led me to ordering a protector.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have weird squiggly transparent lines that run diagonally across the whole screen also but not scratches and they aren't rainbow in color. After having applied my Skinomi techskin on just last night....those diagonal squiggly lines aren't apparent any longer. I know they're still there because no matter how much I tried cleaning the screen with a lint free cloth, they lines were static. I just chucked it up to perhaps being inherent with the screen. I think the Skinomi is simply covering them up to the point of them not being detected any longer.

sonofyou

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I am also dismayed at how easy my S6 edge is scratching. I have four 2-3mm long scratches that can be felt with a finger nail. Like the others posting here, this is just after a week of very careful use in empty pockets and 5 of those days I had it in a Samsung clear view case. Previous phone, a Note 2, has one tiny scratch after 2 years of use which I can account for when the windscreen mount in the car came unstuck. There is no way I going to be able to put the S6 face down for the fancy pantsy edge lighting. Unless there is a heap of internet chatter on this issue I know the retailer I bought it from will just blame mishandling on my part.

Peter2015

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, after reading this post I closely inspected my phone under the direct light and did not find any scratches at all. I have my phone for I think about a month now without any screen protectors or cases. So I was just wondering maybe it has something to do with where the phone has been made? My phone for example was made in Korea..

Ericks89

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Take it out in direct sun light, if you can't see scratches you're fine! If you use a flash you probably can see light blue specs all over the screen however you won't see any fine lines which you can easily see in that youtube video! I however feel that was easily staged as the verizon film sticker is gone...

The only thing I see on my phone is the direction of the microfiber cloth and my finger prints which this easily picks up... I will be using gloves of some kind when I put on my protective cover..

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Checked mine today when I got home. No issues with mine thankfully. I feel for those who got one scratched. For me though although my phones inevitably get scratched I think it adds character to the phone. Makes me feel like it more mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy