Just bought a Samsung s6 edge

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your new S6. If you have any questions, just ask, we're here to help!

Sent from the EDGE of the Galaxy S6 edge!

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Still in the honey moon phase it not to much trouble can you post update after about a week I would be interested to hear your thoughts I am on the ropes either thE LG G4 or the edge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
What's your screen on time? Also which carrier are you using? Have you disable apps that came pre-installed? Lookout and the Amazon app stores are huge drainers.

sekelani

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
My screen on time? Only 15 seconds. Well ive been on this phone constantly. Auto brightnes is on too

Update. Screen on time is 3hours and 47 minutes
Im not impressed..
I stay in Australia using optus. Been using wi fi

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
For the ppl with bad battery life. Post pics of the battery settings and what carrier you are on.

I am on verizon, i have S6 Edge and my battery is fine. I can go through a whole day of work and be about 30% by the time i get home.
Here is my battery so far today...
Screenshot_2015-04-14-10-06-36.png
Played some online poker and used about 35mins of Waze this morning on the drive to work.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
With the S6e you have one of the nicest mainstream phones available. Enjoy it. Protect it and enjoy it.

📐Welcome to the Dark. From the Note Edge.🍷

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but tge way its draining so fast its upsetting abd dissapointing
I've read that sentiment a lot. That is one reason why I'd want an replaceable battery. See, the iPhone is KNOWN to have great battery life and history has shown that, IME. The S6/S6e are not known for great battery life. Many of those that took the risk are now less than happy with the battery life. At least you can get a Mophie to mitigate it with the S6.

📐Welcome to the Dark. From the Note Edge.🍷

sekelani

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Ugh.... maybe ill just stick with it.
Its kind of bad cause i bought this phone outright and i belive i deserve to be content with the product especially the battery life. Ive tried turning of a couple of features but still the same. Ill test it out tomorrow, if the results are the same ill take it back.

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the battery life is definitely sh*t. But everything about this bad boy is so awesome. I am such a heavy user I have always had crappy battery on my devices, except for the iphone. But I am used to it. I think it does improve though. Some say batteries settle in or whatever. I personally think it just has to do with me being so obsessed with new phones at first and I tend to play with it more

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Here it isView attachment 171490
I have no idea why its so bad

This is really bad, not at all consistent with what most people are reporting, and not something I would expect to "settle in" with time. You either have a bad device or a rogue app, or something is trying to communicate over a terrible connection. Tweaks are to optimize your device when functioning otherwise okay, not to fix something that is clearly wrong. Other people have found GSAM Battery monitor to be useful to figure out what is causing their abnormal drain. I would factory reset and try again - if there is no obvious rogue app and a reset does not improve your battery drain, then I would exchange for a different device to see if that helps.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Can I give you a suggestion SEKELANI. I would put the phone into recovery mode. ( I think its up volume button, home and power at the same time when off ) do a factory reset and see if that helps. Yes you will have to set everything back up again but that should help. Also try tweaking your settings after that. Did you get software update when you received the phone?

13ringinheat

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Coming from an HTC One M7 i really love the battery life on Samsung Galaxy Edge S6. It lasts me the entire day from 6:30am - 12pm without breaking a sweat. I am a fairly heavy user with a mixture of games, videos and bluetooth.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar